• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S7 in talks to join oneworld

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aurqSLg80ah0

Russia's S7 Says It's in Talks to Join Oneworld Airline Group

By Lyubov Pronina

June 28 (Bloomberg) -- S7, Russia's second-largest carrier, said it's in talks to join the Oneworld alliance led by British Airways Plc so that it can offer better international connections to customers.

The airline is discussing Oneworld membership with British Airways, Europe's third-largest airline, the Novosibirsk-based company said today in an e-mailed statement.

Has anyone flown with them before? I'm not that thrilled by the prospect of their membership actually, unless this also turns out to be an 'unexpectedly good airline' shocker like Malev.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Wikipedia (admittedly not the most accurate source) mentions that S7 might join *A and ST so I'm not sure how much to read into the announcement of discussions about joining OW.

They certainly have a loud colour scheme!

Comment

I need my sunglasses to look at that color scheme

Comment

They only indicated that they're "in talks." From what I understand airlines usually try to leave their options open with these things.

I highly doubt it'd be ST since SU is already a member of that group.

Further I would think that Bloomberg is a more credible source than Wikipedia.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
        X