Experience flying with British Airways to London with kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience flying with British Airways to London with kids

Anyone has experience flying to London with a 3 year old kid and transfer to another Europe city thru Heathrow (London) Terminal 1?

Is the bulkhead seat a good choice?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to SQT, mryap

Yes -Anyone has experience flying to London
    No - with a 3 year old kid
    Yes - transfer to another Europe city thru Heathrow (London) Terminal 1?
    Yes, I think so -Is the bulkhead seat a good choice?

Just some comments:

Bulkhead seat is always a good choice as you don't have some-one in front lowering their seat. The only drawback (design flaw) if travelling in Y (744) is that you have the IFE under your seat and to use it, you'll pull it up by popping out the sleeve by your leg. For long haul, that bit of a sleeve which sticks out into your seating area, can be a nuisance. Wished I have a picture to show you.

I had that issue with my recent flight. Maybe it is just where I was seated. Others care to comment?

The further front the better as at the rear for such longhaul flights, the last rows tend to be a hangout bar for boozy travellers.

I cannot comment on the kids toys items that your child will receive nor how attentive the FAs will be. No experience with that.
    Last edited by SQFAN; 29 June 2007, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Welcome to SQT, mryap. I second SQFAN's suggestion to get as in front in the Y cabin as you can. You should have priority for the bulkhead seats, unless some other parent checked in before you.

I haven't seen BA FAs cater to parents and their children as much as SQ FAs, but the FAs are very pleasant and helpful.

SQFAN is a much more highly-qualified commentator on the transfer process than I.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Hi mryap,

I have experience flying with kids (my 4 yr old boy and 2 year old girl first flew when they were 3 months old).

l agree that bulkhead seats are your best bet - in April this year, when I flew to Narita in a 747 economy seat, the woman in front leaned her seat back thorughout almost the whole flight, making it very uncomfortable for me.
        I regretted not choosing the bulkhead seats when I had the chance to.

In a bulkhead seat even though the legroom is slightly less (I feel) there is no one who can encroach into your space.
        J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Thanks all for the feedback! Really appreciated it

Just check that I was allocated seat 33E and 33D on a Boeing 747.
          Look it up at both
          http://www.britishairways.com/travel...t/public/en_sg
          http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Bri..._747-400_B.php

Any comments or experience to share?

Thanks again.

Comment

33D and E are excellent choices. I would have chosen the same ones.

Most likely the 2 seats on your right would be taken too, cos bulkhead seats are popular. If you are lucky there won't be a baby there.

Just remember when you recline back into the space of the pax behind you : no one can do that to you, and thats the biggest advantage of your bulkhead seats.
            J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

BA Cabin Crew are very good with kids. Get a bulkhead, although I don't agree with SQFAN - i find a more quiet & personal service at the back of WT. You get served first, it's much quieter, & if you get far enough back where the number of seats abreast is reduced its much more comfy. None the less, I would still take a bulkhead for the kids sake.

Comment

Working...
              X