BD - how to earn miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BD - how to earn miles

i was wondering with the Amex - can u transfer points of Amex into ** BD diamond club program - especially if ** based in australia - personally i see the BD program much more appealing than M + M due to the fact of redemption including the cash option - and the fact still get a reasonable rate of 1.5 for business class - whcich therefore brings me to my q - is there a possibility of Amex letting u shift ** ascent reward points into BD - giving the diamond club i believe one of the best frequent flyer programmmes around in star alliance -

AFAIK, the direct transfer from Membership Rewards into BD destination miles is possible only with a UK-issued Amex.
    Last edited by jjpb3; 29 June 2007, 02:22 PM. Reason: wording
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Aust Amex points into BD miles---- that's on my wish list too!

However, since BD does not fly anyway near Aust, the chance of that happening is... zero?

Comment

Just checking, how long before destination miles in Diamond Club expire?

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
          Just checking, how long before destination miles in Diamond Club expire?
          No expiration date, kaysquare.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

grrr was lookin at this years mileage earned roughly 120 000 miles flown on SQ meaning i qualified for EG twice over - imagine if i put alll those miles into BD lol - and now with my double dipping screwing up i dont kno if i should pump the remaining years miles left to fly 1 return trip longhaul and 1 one way longhaul on dec 30 hehe into BD if its enough for status, remain with KF, since MnM outa the question since i wont fly enough to grab senator before the end of the year

Comment

BD uses a 12 rolling qualification year. so it doesnt matter when you start...

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                BD uses a 12 rolling qualification year. so it doesnt matter when you start...
                Isn't it daily? My qualification date is something like Feb 14, 2007 - Feb 13, 2008.

Comment

Just to clarify, AC's C fare only earns 100%miles on BD? If that's right then should I avoid AC on CRWSTAR?

Comment

K,

My AC metal flight SFO-YVR (actual 800 miles) earned me 1600 miles on BD.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      Just to clarify, AC's C fare only earns 100%miles on BD? If that's right then should I avoid AC on CRWSTAR?
                      Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                      K,

My AC metal flight SFO-YVR (actual 800 miles) earned me 1600 miles on BD.
                      It's correct that AC flight with booking code C will only get 100% on BD or UA. That's why I credit them on LH M&M to get 200%.
                      In your case, SQFAN, as I recalled, you switched flight. May be the agent booked you in J instead of C. Thus you got 200% instead.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                        It's correct that AC flight with booking code C will only get 100% on BD or UA. That's why I credit them on LH M&M to get 200%.
                        In your case, SQFAN, as I recalled, you switched flight. May be the agent booked you in J instead of C. Thus you got 200% instead.
                        Apologies for not being clear.

I had two flights : SFO-YVR and YVR-SFO
                        Both are booked into D as per CRTSTAR rules.
                        Both are AC metal.

I think the difference is the SFO-YVR was changed to an earlier flight and using codeshare. The YVR-SFO was AC code.

SFO-YVR earned me 1600 miles
                        YVR-SFO earned me 800 miles.

Comment

Thanks guys! Was tempted to try AC's flat bed seats on the 77L. Guess not then.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                            Apologies for not being clear.

I had two flights : SFO-YVR and YVR-SFO
                            Both are booked into D as per CRTSTAR rules.
                            Both are AC metal.

I think the difference is the SFO-YVR was changed to an earlier flight and using codeshare. The YVR-SFO was AC code.

SFO-YVR earned me 1600 miles
                            YVR-SFO earned me 800 miles.
                            For clarification, in CRWSTAR, most airlines will book you on D booking class which will get 200% on BD DC. For AC, it will be booked in C booking class which will get only 100% on BD DC. One of the beauty of this CRWSTAR is for domestic in the US, if only 2-class service, it will be booked in A booking class (first class cabin) and will earn 300% on BD, provided A inventory is available when the booking is made.

Comment

Working...
                            X