MEL-LST, commences 29NOV
    MEL-DRW , commences 1DEC
    MEL-PER, commences 1DEC
    MEL-MCY, commences 1DEC
    MEL-ADL, commences 10JAN
    MEL-HBA, commences 15JAN
    MEL-NTL, commences 18JAN, **suspended eff 11AUG**
    MEL-CBR, commences 14FEB

TR Australia will commence a MEL-DRW service on 01DEC. There is currently a launch special at tigerairways.com.au for A$79.99 one way, and a combo MEL-DRW-SIN deal for A$499 return. Good for departures between 01DEC and 29MAR08. Fares include all taxes and applicable surcharges.

Looking fwd to the fare wars!

Here's hoping the next route is MEL-PER. Would be good to get some good deals with QF due to the increased competition as that sector is soooo expensive.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 11 June 2008, 03:34 PM. Reason: updates
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Article from The Age:

Tiger Airways announces domestic route

Mathew Murphy
    June 27, 2007 - 2:59PM

Melburnians will be able to fly to Darwin for $80 one way with Tiger Airways as the low cost carrier announced it would begin domestic flights on the route from December.

Tiger chief executive Tony Davis made the announcement which marks the official start of the Singapore Airlines-backed carrier's assault on the Australian domestic market.

All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

always wanted to visit perth- even more so since finding out that the epitome of ethereal beauty- ms. gemma ward, hails from there.

Comment

My wish is for SYD-SIN (probably via DRW) to be launched. Would certainly make travelling back home much cheaper, and I would get to see Darwin to boot.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, Coathanger. Good to see you here.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Good to see some competition within the Australian domestic aviation market. TR is likely to make an impact on Australia's airline industry. Fares will soon start to be cheaper due to more competition.

Welcome to SQTalk, Coathanger.

Comment

Welcome to SQ Talk, Coathanger!

Comment

JQ Reacts!

Well it didn't take long. Jetstar has now come out with the same $79 one way fare for MEL-DRW. Will DJ and QF flinch?

Can't wait to see TR starting ADL flights to see what happens here.

Comment

QF mainline doesn't operate MEL-DRW - we get a 'choice' between JQ, DJ or TR now...

Comment

any chance of tiger being *A

Comment

Umm...No, I think.

Comment

The Gold Coast!

Announced: MEL-OOL, from A$49.95 one way.
                        Last edited by KeithMEL; 7 July 2007, 06:07 PM.

Comment

A bit disappointing so far - no direct fare competition with QF mainline...

Crapstar seems to have responded to the OOL fare by offering A$39.95 one way. But unlike TR, the JQ fare comes with blackout periods.

Comment

Confirmed: Rockhampton and Mackay, one way from A$59.95.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-23349,00.html

C'mon, MEL-PER please!

Comment

Next: Perth and Alice Springs

http://tigeraustralia.wordpress.com/

Woot!

But only JQ has responded so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X