which flight gives me 3 sectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which flight gives me 3 sectors

Hi, as I have 22 sectors , I have a question. I'm going to be in SIN from the 3rd of AUG to the 18th of AUG. Are there any real cheap offers for me to get those 3 sectors?

regards maximilian
    You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Do you have to start from SIN? And what's your budget?

The fastest way is to do SIN-CGK-SIN turnaround in F I suppose, but I don't know if you'd consider that cheap.

You could check out a departure ex-somewhere else, but if you're not intending to visit those places the costs of getting to the starting point and possibly accomodation, visa issues etc more than offsets the savings in air fares.

Maybe some of the MI flights in business class? I know there was a promo for those a while ago but I can't seem to find the thread now.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I suppose it depends what you call cheap, and how much you think it's worth paying.

The easiest and quickest way would be return in F to somewhere close like CGK or BKK. That nets you 1.5 each way.

Comment

I know you'll be in SIN and wanted a real cheap 3 sectors but ....

but something nearer to home (not cheap):

Example 1
        =======
        From close to where you are a OW SQ F
        FRA-JFK : 3.0 F

Example 2
        =======
        JFK-FRA-GOT
        JFK-FRA : 2.5 J or 3.0 F
        FRA-GOT : 1.25 J 1.5 F (codeshare)
        Last edited by SQFAN; 26 June 2007, 04:02 AM.

Comment

I found a good deal (for me) SIN-HKG on the new 777-300ER in F. Do you know how much sectors I will earn for a roundtrip? Or if I'll get enough sectors in C (roundtrip) I'll choose C. Because I think you can stay, in the new C, quite comfortable for 3 hours.

regards m
          Last edited by hon2; 26 June 2007, 08:01 AM.
          You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

Unfortunately, SIN-HKG only nets you 1.25 in C and 1.5 in F. It would be worth it if you will visit HKG (higher fares), but for turn around, I would just do the quick one like SIN-CGK-CGK in F.

Comment

SIN-HKG accrues 1.25 sectors in C and 1.5 in F. So you'll need to do a RT in F to get 3 sectors.

edited to add - ok CGK beat me to it.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by hon2 View Post
                I found a good deal (for me) SIN-HKG on the new 777-300ER in F. Do you know how much sectors I will earn for a roundtrip? Or if I'll get enough sectors in C (roundtrip) I'll choose C. Because I think you can stay, in the new C, quite comfortable for 3 hours.
                What's the deal like? I think the most economical for a 3 sectors run is SIN-CGK-SIN as others have mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                  What's the deal like? I think the most economical for a 3 sectors run is SIN-CGK-SIN as others have mentioned.
                  In fact, the most economical run may be CGK-SIN-CGK in F. Are you getting to Singapore via CGK by any chance?

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, LZ-HMI!
                    Well, I know it's cheaper to start from CGK. But the OP stated he is starting from SIN.
                    I guess if the OP has more time, he can get a special one way C on LH or even Y, for SIN-CGK. Then buy CGK-SIN-xxx-SIN stop and use SIN-CGK within the next year.

Note: Regarding 77W flights SIN-HKG-SIN, I have done in C and F, and I felt the service were not special and too rush. They were full flights all the time I have taken. But of course, I could enjoy my big screen movie instead of drinks and dines ...
                    Last edited by CGK; 26 June 2007, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the very warm welcome, CGK. And thanks for keeping us in entertainment for the last few months!

Although you do state that you are looking for a trip from SIN itself, I wonder where you are originating your trip, before Singapore, hon2? I presume that it would not cost much more to buy a return VIE-CGK (via SIN), than it does VIE-SIN alone, for example?

Comment

Working...
                      X