X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AirAsiaX plans September launch with jampacked A330s

Story here:

http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=9285

"...It will begin taking delivery of its A330s during the 2008 third quarter in a 396-seat configuration--a record for the type. ...Cabin configuration will include 28 premium seats in a 2-2-2 alignment. Economy seating will be nine across with a 31-in. pitch. ..."

396 seats in an A330 for long-haul flights and nine abreast in Y? Yikes!

Originally posted by Ex-SIN View Post

396 seats in an A330 for long-haul flights and nine abreast in Y? Yikes!
    I agree, that's a shocking amount for an A330....

Comment

Imagine 3-3-3, or worse 2-5-2, with a 31in pitch! And there I was thinking 2-2-2 on the SQ/TG A345 was too narrow...

Comment

9-abreast good grief!

Comment

Can't believe how cram and squeezy it will be on a nine a row A330. Meh. I certainly would not fly AirAsiaX unless I'm on a tight budget or given a free ticket. I will opt for the premium option if seats are available. I have a dislike for airlines who like to add one more seat to each row than the designated seating arrangement by manufacturers. Trying to gain more revenue? Think about the passenger's comfort, the customer comes first.
          Last edited by WSSS; 22 June 2007, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Wot? No bowling alleys and swimming pools?

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
              I have a dislike for airlines who like to add one more seat to each row than the designated seating arrangement by manufacturers.
              I'm afraid this is very common, even amongst legacy carriers. The only difference between LCCs and the legacy airlines are the extent to which seating arrangements are altered.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                I'm afraid this is very common, even amongst legacy carriers. The only difference between LCCs and the legacy airlines are the extent to which seating arrangements are altered.
                Yes it is, indeed. That's why I prefer flying SQ to some of the other carriers out there.

Comment

guess for the budget conscious or with big family in tow and esp for the kind of price that air asia x is talking abt ie less than malaysian one k for a ticket from KL to UK - the planes will be full. The seat pitch iof 31"(same as some of BA planes) is not as bad considering SQ new 77w is only 32" - and Emrates 10 abreast seating in their 777 (as opposed to 9 in SQ 777s)

Comment

I'm not fond of this arrangement. I saw MyTravel cabin pics where they have this 3-3-3 arrangement in A330...
                    http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1068278/M/
                    The seat is seriously super narrow and with 31 inch pitch, I wonder how can anyone bear with this arrangement. But again, if they are priced, as rumored, at under AU$300 for return including taxes for MEL-KUL return, I may fallen into this temptation.

Comment

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
                      But again, if they are priced, as rumored, at under AU$300 for return including taxes for MEL-KUL return, I may fallen into this temptation.
                      Too far to fly for no miles...
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                        Too far to fly for no miles...
                        Well, if it's only 300 bucks, I can let all the miles fly away... After all this is just like burning your miles and just pay for the tax and fuel surcharge.

Comment

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
                          Well, if it's only 300 bucks, I can let all the miles fly away... After all this is just like burning your miles and just pay for the tax and fuel surcharge.
                          Well, not exactly. You'd prefer to burn your miles in a comfortable cabin with a full-service airline, wouldn't you?
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            Well, not exactly. You'd prefer to burn your miles in a comfortable cabin with a full-service airline, wouldn't you?
                            You have the point there... except I don't have million of miles to burn

Comment

if its 2 - 5 -2 imagine trying to get to the aisle if ** in the middle forget during meal time lol or some PITAs but with everything there is an upside - here i see it a very affordable way to get to aisa from mel - but for me its hard to take with the no miles option

Comment

Working...
                              X