• Show
Clear All

• The Pleasures of Flying SK Intra-Europe

jjpb3
    The Pleasures of FlyingSK Intra-Europe
    « Thread started on: Jun 24th, 2006, 03:39am »
    Well, the pleasures don't come from:

* A typically scrummy boarding process
    * Weird drinks service (they bring the drinks before the meal, and you're supposed to anticipate what you'd like with the dinner; you have to make a special request even for water if you want a drink with your meal)
    * Cr*p champagne
    * Getting the MD88 as your aircraft

But they do come from:
    * The cool bathrooms on the A321s (windows! blonde wood[like?] trim!)
    * The priority security line at CPH for *Gs (easily sparing 30 minutes during busy periods)
    * The SAS Scandinavian Lounge in CPH (nice airy feel, though the food selection is dismal)
    * The London Lounge
    * The chance to drop by the LHR SKL for my copy of Silver Kris magazine, the Straits Times, and a nicely mixed bloody mary (spiced to your taste)
    * The chance to pass by a Golden Bird and anticipate my next trip on SQ

paffendorf
    Re: The Pleasures of FlyingSK Intra-Europe
    « Reply #1 on: Jun 24th, 2006, 6:45pm »
    amazing!!!!

jhm
    Re: The Pleasures of FlyingSK Intra-Europe
    « Reply #2 on: Jul 20th, 2006, 09:26am »
    I took SK Y last week - there's only food and drink purchased from the cart!

I also took SK J - I'm not sure whether it was due to me being the only passenger in J but I got offered seconds of my main (which I've not experienced in the few times I've flown BA CE so far).

The food selection at the SK lounge in ARN was quite dire as well - from what I remember, just some processed ham and crackers! No cakes or anything else sweet so I had to go next door to the Novia (Priority Pass) lounge for that.

I do like the decor of ARN and CPH - miles better than LHR (of course!) and, dare I say it, preferable to SIN.
    « Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2006, 09:27am by jhm »
Working...
X