Economy RTW with SQ/AC/LX/QF/UA/CX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economy RTW with SQ/AC/LX/QF/UA/CX

Sorry, but not quite sure where to put this. Just came across this RTW Economy fare for AUD$1999. Not keen on the QF or UA option but the SQ vailidity caught my attention.

http://www.bestflights.com.au/cgi-bi...indetails=2103

It doesn't refer to any maximum number of miles like Star Alliance fares so seems like quite good value.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the package. If possible, if it works out, I may look at using it for:

ADL/LHR/YYC/LAX/SIN/ADL using SQ on the ADL/LHR, LAX/SIN/ADL sectors and AC on the LHR/YYC/LAX sectors.

I believe that's an LX fare. You might wish to call LX for the rules rather than rely on bestflights - I've had many a poor experience with them. Or contact a decent TA.

LX has a GSA in Sydney; their details from the LX website:
    Walshes World Agencies
    Level 3
    117 York Street
    1300 724 666
    Fax: (02) 8251 3950
    Given that this thread relates to a Star Alliance fare I'm moving it across to the Star Alliance sub-forum.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 20 June 2007, 09:12 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Star Alliance RTW Fares as an alternative ?

I contacted my local Flight Centre in Adelaide and they weren't able to find any such fare and were surprised given that it included both *A and non *A airlines, but I might still give LX a ring in Sydney as suggested.

You can't even make a dummy booking on the best flights website as it simply sends off a booking form to a consultant with warnings that you need to be able to proceed with the booking immediately when contacted. Nice way to run a business!

My local agent suggested, given my proposed routing, to either keep with the Star Alliance or One World RTW fare given the flight combinations available. Being a SQ fan, I think the *A fare may be the way to go.

Does anyone know what the Y fares are at the various mileage levels ex ADL or can suggest a website with the fare rules and prices. The star alliance website is great for calculating mileage but doesn't give any fares. I believe that they also have a special fare for routes less than 26,000 miles in Y. Also can you fly SQ37/38 A345 flights on these fares?

Comment

*A RTW fares would allow SQ37/38 A345 flights at a surcharge.
        US$100 in Y and US$300 in C

Yes, the shorter 26,000mi RTW exist. Don't have ex-ADL but ex-SIN for comparison is S$4,967 vs S$5,513 for the 29,000mi RTW. But do note that the shorter RTW has a max of 5 stopovers vs 15 for the others. All have min 3 stopover rules.
        Last edited by 9V-JKL; 27 June 2007, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Ugh... Fright Centre...

Try these folks - www.trailfinders.com.au - I've had good dealings with them. Don't bother with the online enquiry, just give them a ring. Could also help asking the LX GSA for a copy of the rules to aid in your planning.

I believe 9V-JKL was referring to the YRWSPCL - it costs A$2729 ex-Australia plus tax and fuel fines. The YRWSTAR1 which allows 29 000 miles would cost A$3229 plus tax and fuel fines. I think the star files can be found on staralliance.com. One of the rather formidable RWSTAR gurus here should be able to help you with putting one of these things together.
          Last edited by KeithMEL; 27 June 2007, 08:41 PM.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Yes, I was refering to YRWSPCL. Thanks KeithMEL for clarifying

Comment

Yes, there is a tool in StarAlliance web site that helps planning a round-the-world.

Comment

Ok - just spoke to LX as I had to call them to reissue a tix for a mate. Asked about this fare on ** behalf.

They mentioned that you cannot book this fare through LX directly - it's a special 'net' fare which is exclusively available via TAs. Oddly, they do not even have published rules for the fare.

One tip - maybe don;t mention that it's a RTW? Because when you do so, TAs automatically think about the alliance products. Just say that it's an LX special market net fare that allows you to go via Asia one way, and America the other way.

Comment

Thanks KeithMel, I'll give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                  X