Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you cancel your unwanted confirmed flights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you cancel your unwanted confirmed flights?

I am curious but while on a mental break (breakdown more likely)....

Recently, I made a bunch of fare queries while trying to firm up my travel plans. At the end of the day, I have about 5 reservations which I no longer want to travel on. Now, these flights are confirmed but not paid for yet.

I cancelled these five reservations so that others on WL may get them, hoping that one good turn deserves another.

Maybe this will show my ignorance: I assume the other alternative is not bother and wait until a certain deadline before these 5 reservations are automatically cancelled since no payment before a certain date.

Just kinda wondering...if you're a kind soul?

I added on a dummy award segment out of NRT to my award to NRT to satisfy the 'proof of onward travel' requirement, since my DONE4 ex-NRT cannot be issued until I show up at the AA counter at NRT. Damn paper tix... The dummy segment did not cost me extra miles, only some extra airport tax.

Given that it's an award seat, I figured that I should cancel the booking to free it up after I get my DONE4 issued at NRT. So I guess I'd call myself a kind soul. Notwithstanding that the load might actually be heavy and the U class seat gets released and promoted to a revenue bucket if and when I cancel...

But I thought what I did was easier than booking a fully refundable ticket out of NRT (given that the refund might take a while to come back to my CC), or trying to turn my DONE4 into an etix.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 19 June 2007, 11:31 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Yes, I'm an

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        Do you eat 3 full meals a day? Do you sometimes even eat dessert? If you have a problem like this with food, it is important to seek help immediately before it gets out of hand... call 1800-IVEBEENREADINGCOSMO now.
        Hmm since I grew up a hard way, it was a dream to be able to have 3 full meals a day. And look at me now, too chubby for certain person to whom I had a crushed on long time ago.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        Yes, I'm an

I am always trying to keep up with my PNRs. If I know I will not take the flight, I will reschedule it in advance. Same idea about letting other flyers who really need the seat getting a chance. Unfortunately, many times, some bookings just could not get away when I changed or cancelled.

Comment

always cancel unconfirmed reservations. sq flights fill up so fast, and i know it's frustrating when i'm on a waitlist, so i try to ease the frustrations of others who are stuck not knowing if their travels will go through or not.

Comment

Working...
          X