• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vigilance on BP's

jjpb3
    Vigilance on BPs
    « Thread started on: Jul 19th, 2006, 04:36am »
    Checked into my LX flight this morning at LHR, and showed the checkin agent my KrisFlyer card. She types some numbers in her computer, hands me my card and BP and tells me the departure gate and boarding time. As I was walking away, I noticed that there was no *G annotation in my BP. Looking closely, I discovered she had typed in NH! How she managed to type the ANA code instead of the SIA code still eludes me.

I got back to another checkin agent who first said my card number was already there -- I told her she needed to change the airline code from NH to SQ -- and I got a BP with 'GOLD' next to the number (which this time had SQ preceding it).

My lesson from all this: semper vigilans when it comes to FFP crediting.

(Yes, SQFAN, I realize even this approach sometimes doesn't work when it comes to double-dipping. )

MANFlyer
    Re: Vigilance on BPs
    « Reply #1 on: Jul 19th, 2006, 05:05am »
    I was just about to ask why you weren't putting LX flights to BD as it's Double Miles, but I think it ran out at the end of June ?.

On a related note. Are you and SQFAN members of BAA Worldpoints ?. If so I hope you are taking the opportunity to earn 750 DC miles for £4.90 for advance parking at EDI, which of course you don't need to use !!.
    « Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2006, 05:05am by MANFlyer »

jjpb3
    « Reply #2 on: Jul 19th, 2006, 05:19am »
    on Jul 19th, 2006, 05:05am, MANFlyer wrote:
    I was just about to ask why you weren't putting LX flights to BD as it's Double Miles, but I think it ran out at the end of June ?.

I forgot about that !!! Darn it.

On a related note. Are you and SQFAN members of BAA Worldpoints ?. If so I hope you are taking the opportunity to earn 750 DC miles for £4.90 for advance parking at EDI, which of course you don't need to use !!.

OK, there's still hope for me getting some extra DC miles. Thanks, MANFlyer.
    « Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2006, 05:20am by jjpb3 »

KeithMEL1985
    « Reply #3 on: Jul 19th, 2006, 7:04pm »
    SQ doesn't seem to print another airline's FFP number on their BPs if the FFP number you have in there is status-less. Always makes me a bit nervous and I usually get both the check in and lounge agents to check that my FFP number is inserted correctly. Extra vigilance needed at MEL when incompetent QF contract agents perform the check in.
    « Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2006, 7:06pm by KeithMEL1985 »

jhm
    « Reply #4 on: Jul 20th, 2006, 09:13am »
    Exactly the same confusion between SQ and NH happened to me but at ARN. Although my SQ KF number was already in my itinerary (as shown in www.virtuallythere.com), I gave my KF card at SK check-in, the girl checked with her colleague and still I ended up with a BP showing NH! When questioned, she claimed it was the code for SQ but to cut short any discussion, I luckily had my previous correct SK BP generated using self service check-in.

SQFAN
    « Reply #5 on: Jul 27th, 2006, 02:07am »
    on Jul 19th, 2006, 04:36am, jjpb3 wrote:
    (Yes, SQFAN, I realize even this approach sometimes doesn't work when it comes to double-dipping. )

someone paged?

SQFAN
    « Reply #6 on: Jul 27th, 2006, 02:09am »
    On a related note. Are you and SQFAN members of BAA Worldpoints ?. If so I hope you are taking the opportunity to earn 750 DC miles for ?.90 for advance parking at EDI, which of course you don't need to use !!.

No but I naively assumed u need to use ...good tip, MANFlyer. Thanks.

SQFAN
    « Reply #7 on: Jul 27th, 2006, 04:26am »
    Just joined but I do not think it will work as I'm not targetted.
    Pls PM if more appropriate - ta!
Working...
X