Seeing SQ elite tag outside the usual context

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing SQ elite tag outside the usual context

I was just trying to keep from bumping into fellow commuters on the London Underground today, when I saw a PPS tag (the older version!) on someone's briefcase.

Have you seen SQ tags outside airports where SQ flies (seeing them at the FRA SEN lounge, for example, doesn't count )?
    Last edited by jjpb3; 18 June 2007, 04:10 PM. Reason: clarification
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Not where SQ doesn't fly but still slightly different. We flew BKK-MUC on TG in F a couple of weeks ago and the elderly German couple in 1K and 2K had Solitaire Tags.

Also waiting for my Brother to arrive on EK from DXB last night I saw someone from his flight with Solitaire Luggage Tags.

Comment

I guess this instance qualifies as well then: in Traitor Air's F lounge at LHR, I once saw two pax with the tags -- one with a QPP tag and the other with a TPP tag. And neither with Traitor Air status tags!
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        I guess this instance qualifies as well then: in Traitor Air's F lounge at LHR, I once saw two pax with the tags -- one with a QPP tag and the other with a TPP tag. And neither with Traitor Air status tags!
        Refugees of the recent PPS enhancements?
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

just two weeks ago, i saw a man in a downtown taipei starbucks with a pps luggage tag on his backpack.

Comment

I saw a PPS tag on a woman's bag in KLCC, Kuala LumpurHow do you get one of those

Comment

Saw it on someone's briefcase when boarding a bus here in SIN.

Comment

Saw a man before with PPS tag on his backpack entering an elevator of an office in River Valley Road, Singapore.

Saw a woman before at the same office with a PPS mug !
                J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

One of the other diners at an Edinburgh restaurant I went to had a toy sheep with a Solitaire PPS tag!

Comment

Originally posted by Kai-Sheng View Post
                    I saw a PPS tag on a woman's bag in KLCC, Kuala LumpurHow do you get one of those
                    hello kai-sheng- PPS tags are usually part of your membership packet upon achieving PPS status (although certain PPS members in England would disagree). You also usually receive them around the anniversary of your requal date. hope to see you carrying yours around soon- good luck with pps!

Comment

Go ahead and laugh.

In Singapore, I used to have the Priority First Class luggage tags in one of the handles of the bag I take to the NUS Business School.

The poor man's way of associating himself with SIA yes.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                        hello kai-sheng- PPS tags are usually part of your membership packet upon achieving PPS status (although certain PPS members in England would disagree). You also usually receive them around the anniversary of your requal date. hope to see you carrying yours around soon- good luck with pps!

Originally posted by Kai-Sheng View Post
                        When are you gettting yours? Your signature gives me the impression that it is very soon. How many more sectors?...Hey, I'm still waiting for the trip report of yours.

Comment

On the ATS at ORD, about a year ago. A family of four (both parents were PPS, I don't remember about the children) who had just relocated to the Chicago area from SIN. They were getting used to flying North American carriers again after having spent several years being very spoiled by SQ - it was an interesting conversation.

Comment

Ran into a Solitaire in the smoking room of the NW Worldclub in DTW. Both of us bitched over having to fly NW

Comment

On a backpack in an Army camp when I went back for reservist

Comment

Working...
                              X