Things to do in Changi besides going to lounges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to do in Changi besides going to lounges

I'm not a very fortunate and rich person and my parents are not *A Gold members. I'm going to BKK next week and would like to know what to do at the airport. I know for most, people will enter the lounge. But I'm not sitting F or C, just Y (cattle) class. I usually take pics of the transit area and planes. Anything better to do?

How long do you have time at Changi?
    Here what I do usually when I don't go to the lounge for certain reasons. There are many free internet counters. Surfing SQTalk is a ust.
    People watching is one of may favorite as well. I have a lighter skin now (yeah someone doesn't fancy me because of my skin is not darker), so unless I show my Indonesian passport, people thinks I am from different country. Amusing to watch Indonesians at Changi.
    Another thing to do is to walk through the duty free. Price comparison is fun.
    What else?

If the time is right, before entering the secure area after check-in, I like to have meals in the Soup restaurant. But of course since you live in Singapore, this would not be a good idea.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions. People watching is way too boring for me. I only have let's say an hour and a half or slightly more before I have to board the plane. I may go to the duty free and shop. Usually I grab a bite before boarding, I have a phobia of plane food. I go to the airport quite often, and eating in town is much better. I usually do plane spotting and may do plane spotting again these time. The internet kiosks are always occupied. If I have only 10 mins, the things I will check will be email and Wikipedia. That's all. If I have more time, then I will come to SQTalk and go to CNA (Channel NewsAsia). I'm a self confessed Wikipediholic.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
        I'm not a very fortunate and rich person and my parents are not *A Gold members. I'm going to BKK next week and would like to know what to do at the airport. I know for most, people will enter the lounge. But I'm not sitting F or C, just Y (cattle) class. I usually take pics of the transit area and planes. Anything better to do?
        Surf the lounge meets thread here or TOF, you could get lucky and someone can guest you into the lounges.
        They are currently serving food from Rang Mahal in SKL F.
        Last edited by SuperJonJon; 14 June 2007, 10:37 PM. Reason: Typo error. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
          Surf the lounge meets thread here or TOF, you could get lucky and someone can guest you into the lounges.
          They are currently serving food from Rang Mahal in SKL F.
          I will try to. Not bad food from Rang Mahal. Nice.

Comment

One place good for planespotting is the Internet terminals area in T2. It's a rather huge area running alongside one side of the building, between the wings leading to Gates E1-E12 and F30-F42. You won't see the runways, but you'll be able to see aircraft coming and leaving, doing loading and unloading, etc.
            My Cafe Adventures
            Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
            http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
              One place good for planespotting is the Internet terminals area in T2. It's a rather huge area running alongside one side of the building, between the wings leading to Gates E1-E12 and F30-F42. You won't see the runways, but you'll be able to see aircraft coming and leaving, doing loading and unloading, etc.
              You mean the waiting area? An example of how an image will look from here. I'm going to do plane spotting this time.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
                You mean the waiting area? An example of how an image will look from here. I'm going to do plane spotting this time.
                Yeah this is what I was referring to. Not sure if I understood you correctly but have I misunderstood the term plane-spotting? Only takeoffs and landings counted?
                My Cafe Adventures
                Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                  Yeah this is what I was referring to. Not sure if I understood you correctly but have I misunderstood the term plane-spotting? Only takeoffs and landings counted?
                  Nope not at all. Plane spotting can refer to anything that involves observation and photography of planes anywhere, but not limited to takeoffs and landings.

Comment

Besides those, shopping!(I guess)

Comment

Hey WSSS, there are lots you can do.... Just take a look at the Changi Airport website for suggestions... Maybe for you (not sure about your folks)

...wander to T1 and take pics of non SQ planes - he he he?
                      ...stroll around the various gardens?
                      ... have a swim then a non-alcoholic beer?
                      ... buy a nice book and find a quiet corner?
                      ... take a Changi Airport tour
                      ... disturb one of our SQT member

Please don't say you're not fortunate... We're just a usual bunch of people here on SQT...some better off but depends what you want in life...and how you want to spend your money....some spend on cars, some on properties, some on vices, some on SQ,....so, it depends and rationality sometimes does not cme into it....for me at least...

If I'm around, I take you in the Lounge.
                      Last edited by SQFAN; 20 June 2007, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                        Hey WSSS, ... have a swim then a beer?
                        I believe that WSSS is underage to drink, mate.

As he mentioned that he was underage to drive.

Comment

Didn't stop me back in those supposedly halcyon days...
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

As he mentioned that he was underage to drive.

Post edited....to non alcoholic beer

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                              Post edited....to non alcoholic beer
                              Non-alcoholic beer? So is non-alcoholic beer carbonated barley water?

Comment

Working...
                              X