Delicious Wholesome Book the Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delicious Wholesome Book the Cook

Has anybody tried them yet? I see that the dishes are included as part of breakfast service too.

From SQ website -

Free Range Marinated Chicken on a Spring Salad Bouquet with Cheese Shavings, Roasted Walnuts and White Balsamic Dressing

Spring Salad Bouquet of Haricot Verte Beans, Artichokes, Asparagus and Tomatoes with Hard Boiled Eggs and Roasted Walnuts

Citrus Steamed Sea Bass with Lettuce Puree, Legumes, Radishes and Sunflower Seeds in Citrus Vinaigrette

Grilled Baby Romaine with Orange Gremolata, Crispy Legumes, Radishes and Sunflower Seeds in Citrus Vinaigrette

Baked Herb Marinated Salmon with Potato, Boiled Eggs, Beets and Arugula Salad in Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette

Grilled Herb Marinated Tofu with Potato, Boiled Eggs, Beets and Arugula Salad in Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette

Baked Pistachio Crusted Lamb Chops with Fruit Yoghurt Salsa and Mint Chutney

Pistachio Crusted Paneer with Fruit Yoghurt Salsa and Mint Chutney

Duo of Watercress Salad and Smoked Trout with Shaved Fennel, Apples and Yuzu Jelly in a Maple Vinaigrette

Chilean Seabass on a Bed of Kale and Quinoa Salad with Tomato Jelly and Almond Flakes

Quinoa and Kale Salad with Tomatoes and Almonds

Namyu Cod Fish and Jinlen Soy Chicken with Brown Lamien Noodles and Wood Ear Mushroom

Namyu Cabbage Roll and Jinlen Eggplant and Beancurd with Brown Lamien Noodle and Wood Ear Mushroom

-------------------------

I tried "Namyu Cod Fish and Jinlen Soy Chicken with Brown Lamien Noodles and Wood Ear Mushroom" on SQ16 (SIN-ICN)

Mild flavours and filling.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyneurone View Post
      I tried "Namyu Cod Fish and Jinlen Soy Chicken with Brown Lamien Noodles and Wood Ear Mushroom" on SQ16 (SIN-ICN)

Mild flavours and filling.

Thanks for the picture. I was tempted to try this one too.

Comment

Citrus Steamed Sea Bass with Lettuce Puree, Legumes, Radishes and Sunflower Seeds in Citrus Vinaigrette

This high protein nourishing meal balances the invigorating flavour of citrus with the intensive taste and texture of fish and legumes. Fish and sunflower seeds are a good source of healthy polyunsaturated essential fatty acids like omega 3 and omega 6. A great choice for passengers looking for a refreshing meal. Designed by International Culinary Panel Chef Carlo Cracco

Review: The fish was fresh, moist and very well-cooked. The tanginess of the citrus vinaigrette perked up in a wonderful way. My problem with it and i think it is a major issue is the legumes / lentils. They seem to be chickpeas and lentils to me, but what were served were chewy. I suspect undercooked. I don't think it was intended. If the chickpeas were soft and moist, and the lentils like how puy lentils supposed to be, then I think this dish could have been a favourite of mine. It's really beautifully-presented as well.

Comment

Marinated Free Range Chicken on a Spring Salad Bouquet with Cheese Shavings, Roasted Walnuts and White Balsamic Dressing

A low calorie creation for all chicken lovers. This simple gluten free meal delights with its modest flavours. Eating salad is a super convenient way to work in a daily measure of fibre which helps support digestive health. Designed by International Culinary Panel Chef Georges Blanc

Review: It's a good enough dish. The artichoke gives it a good kick. And the walnuts give it a good textural play. It's simple and fresh, and is quite filling as well for a salad.

Comment

This high protein nourishing meal balances the invigorating flavour of citrus with the intensive taste and texture of fish and legumes. Fish and sunflower seeds are a good source of healthy polyunsaturated essential fatty acids like omega 3 and omega 6. A great choice for passengers looking for a refreshing meal. Designed by International Culinary Panel Chef Carlo Cracco

Review: Fish - moist and flaky. Puree - delicate and refreshing. Take note that the mixture of legumes and seeds are partially or maybe even uncooked - expect some heavy chewing.

Comment

Pistachio Crusted Paneer with Fruit Yoghurt Salsa and Mint Chutney

Not bad but there were problems with the serving space

Comment

Baked Pistachio Crusted Lamb Chops with Fruit Yoghurt Salsa and Mint Chutney

No photos, but I had the Baked Pistachio Crusted Lamb Chops with Fruit Yoghurt Salsa and Mint Chutney this morning before arrival on SQ291. I liked it! Lamb was good and tasty. Spicy enough to be interesting, and the fruit yoghurt salsa really enlivened the dish. I think without that it would be quite boring, but with it it was very enjoyable.

Comment

Looks like there are some options from FRA introduced in December. Has anyone tried them?

Deliciously Wholesome Farro and Avocado Salad with Ballontine of Chicken in Red Capsicum, Lime and Jalapeno Dressing (available from 15 December 2016)
                  The cold salad is packed with the good unsaturated fats from avocado while farro's complex carbs break down slowly, keeping energy levels stable. The grain also has magnesium that relieves muscle cramps and tension making the journey more comfortable. This delicious meal is a powerhouse of valuable nutrients. Created by International Culinary Panel Chef Alfred Portale.

Deliciously Wholesome Farro and Avocado Salad with Red Lentil Soufflé in Red Capsicum, Lime and Jalapeno Dressing (available from 15 December 2016)
                  Lentils are protein dense and avocado offers healthy unsaturated fatty acids. A great dish for whole food lovers. Inspired by International Culinary Panel Chef Alfred Portale.

Comment

Working...
                  X