Entry requirements for Indonesia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entry requirements for Indonesia

I am planning a trip to S.E. Asia for October/November and it looks like Bali will be part of the itinerary.
    It says that there will be a visa for Canadian citizens upon arrival in DPS.
    Will they accept US$ as currency or does it have to be converted into Indonesian currency first? From the information I have there are moneychangers and places to fill out forms before entering the immigration hall. I would like to come well prepared and have as much as possible ready upon arrival.
    Is the process quite smooth or should I expect long line ups?

AFAIK, it is visa on arrival. You pay USD10 for a week stay max, or USD25 for 30-day max. You pay the fee with USD cash.

When you arrive at DPS, there are immigration booth for tourists using visa on arrival. I took SQ morning flight to DPS, and looked like everyone got out from immigration pretty fast. You just need to have the exact amount in USD for convenience.

There will be x-ray of your carry on after immigration before bagage carousel. You will see 3 or 4 ATM machines to get Indonesian Rupiahs cash(one of them is CitiBank I recalled). At least you will be ready with IDR cash before going to your hotel.

Comment

CGK is correct on the entry requirements at DPS. Obtaining the visa on arrival is very quick and easy. You pay the fee at one booth, get a receipt and then go to a second booth where they actually put the stamp in your passport. Sounds lengthier than it is, actually.

The only thing I don't like is they fill up an entire passport page. Not nice when you are rapidly running out of pages.

Comment

Thank you CGK and Movieman, really appreciate your input.
        That sounds quite good and not to complicated.
        I was just worried that there would be long line ups but I read that they are trying to keep it between 2-4 minutes per person.
        So it is true that they are using up a whole page in your passport, that will make it a challenge as I too fill up my passports quite fast.

Comment

Working...
        X