tourist spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tourist spot

what do you think is the best tourist attraction in Singapore?

Easy one

Changi SKL F

Comment

For daytime, my favorite is the Asian Civilisations Museum (I haven't exhausted the exhibits yet ), and for evening activities: the Durian for performances and the Axis Bar and Lounge at The Oriental for some quiet unwinding.

Not sure if the last one qualifies as a tourist attraction, though.

A warm welcome to SQTalk, carel05.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

thanks for that !

What else?

Comment

Originally posted by carel05 View Post
          Depends on what you like? one man's meat another man's poison, that sort of thing... If you can elaborate more, then perhaps we can provide a focussed answer to your query.

Comment

For me, somewhere like Lau Par Sat or another big hawker centre (but not Newton). Starting off with some sticks of satay washed down with teh tarik and then walking around the stalls to see what takes my fancy!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              For me, somewhere like Lau Par Sat or another big hawker centre (but not Newton). Starting off with some sticks of satay washed down with teh tarik and then walking around the stalls to see what takes my fancy!
              I once went to a large disco party at the Suntec centre, there were people dressed as angels floating down from the rafters......that only rates a distant second to the SKL at peak times though!

Comment

For me, the best tourist attraction(s) in Singapore are the Zoo, Esplanade and Sentosa. The Zoo is a very nice and fun place to go, very different from other zoos in the world. Nice place to take photos, since animals are not locked up in metal cages. Esplanade will be nice to watch a concert or a musical there, very classy pics and a world class arts centre. A very nice place to hangout at, the promenade along the theatre is a good place to walk along and take good pictures of skyline. It has a hawker centre which serves good food, though I would prefer to visit Newton. I would say Sentosa for those who like the sun and the beach, beaches here are clean (unlike Changi and East Coast), facilities are well maintained and a lot of things to do in the area. If you are hungry, there are F&B outlets within walking distance. The attractions there are better these days, my favourite being the Carlsberg Sky Tower and the Sentosa Luge. Soon there will be Resorts World with Universal Studios, making it even a more fun place to visit.

Comment

For me Sentosa is a bit cheesy, but I do hear they are improving things.

I agree the zoo is worth a visit, including the Night Safari. Esplanade as well, especially if there is a performance you are interested in seeing. I also agree with jjpb3 about the Asian Civilisations Museum--aside from their permanent collections they often have excellent temporary exhibits.

Even though it is mostly an expat/tourist hangout, Boat Quay along the river is always fun for food and drinks.

And I completely agree about the hawker centres!

Come to think of it, this thread should probably go in the Singapore & Changi forum, so I'll move it there.
                  Last edited by MovieMan; 14 June 2007, 05:53 AM.

Comment

So Expensive and Nothing TO See Actually

Comment

Originally posted by carel05 View Post
                      "dot dot dot"

Just kidding... I am sleepy... need some entertainment to wake me up!

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                        For daytime, my favorite is the Asian Civilisations Museum (I haven't exhausted the exhibits yet ), and for evening activities: the Durian for performances and the Axis Bar and Lounge at The Oriental for some quiet unwinding.

Not sure if the last one qualifies as a tourist attraction, though.

A warm welcome to SQTalk, carel05.
                        Oh yeah I like the ACM too, especially when they have special exhibitions - we can go together when you are here in December ?

The zoo and night safari are also top attractions.

For nature lovers, the Sungei Buloh and Bukit Timah Nature Reserves, and the HSBC Treetop walk at MacRitchie Reservoir.

I'll be glad to go to any of the above with anyone who is visiting.
                        J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

For me, I only like to take pics. I like their temporary exhibitions at ACM, Empress Place. They are good, but their permanent ones are real boring. Sigh. Sentosa, I like to go to the beach and take pics. I really wish that my D80 could compress the pics better, and I save lots of time editing it. I visit these places to take photos of them, not because I want to see them. I need to go to the zoo and take better pictures. I'm somewhat a perfectionist. I plan to visit Boat Quay soon, to take pics... Lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X