[SIN] BA Lounge in Changi T1 - Newly Renovated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SIN] BA Lounge in Changi T1 - Newly Renovated

I recently visited the newly renovated BA Lounge in Changi T1 before flying out to London on BA12.

The lounge occupies the same space as it did previously, near the cluster of lounges closer to the T1 C Gates, one level above the departure level.

The decor of the lounge has been updated with design elements similar to the BA Lounges in LHR T5, and there has been the addition of the Concorde Bar for F pax.

The first thing you see after the reception area is the guest book, sitting on a very striking looking table.

Entrance to The Concorde Bar...

Y was I not admitted, I wonder...

I did not know the secret password, but did manage a glimpse of the interior when some other guests left...

It did look elegant, and very private...if you are looking for peace and quiet (and a good drink) before your flight, this looks like the place for you...

Comment

...the rest of the lounge was busier, but in a buzzing, lively sort of way.

Dedicated bar/dining area...

Several lounging zones...

Comment

Outside of the Concorde Bar, drinks were self-service only, from a large selection on display.

Lays potato chips, not the Kettle chips you find in the UK lounges...

Some of the wines on offer...

...and beers...

A much better drink selection than many of the other lounges at SIN, but not as impressive as the nearby Qantas Singapore Lounge.

Comment

Impressive buffet selection...

BA's version of satay...

Other small bites...

Salad...

Cream of Carrot soup...

Pasta...

...and chicken with rice...

...dessert and fruit...

Conclusions with respect to F&B? Definitely adequate for a full dinner before flying out to London...

Comment

Work area...

Showers, which are a must-have in any SIN-based lounge, given how humid it is outside most of the time.

A warm (or cold!) shower before the long flight to LHR would definitely help anyone sleep better.

Comment

Final thoughts? The BA lounge is an attractive lounge, which checks all the boxes for what an international airport lounge should be. Too bad the bar is hidden behind closed doors, exclusively for F pax (I may feel differently if I was flying F).

Oneworld FF's are also eligible to enter the QF Singapore Lounge. I still prefer the QF Lounge as it is larger, with full service bar available to both F and J pax, and more distinctive cuisine from Neil Perry.

Both the BA and QF lounges are very good, and worth spending some time in before a flight, which is not something I can say for some of the other lounges in SIN.

Comment

Working...
              X