• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NH new seats

CGK
    NH New Seats
    « Thread started on: Aug 10th, 2006, 03:59am »
    Anyone can share the view how the new NH C seat compare to SpaceBeds? I know the new F seats got lots of praises. I want to try other airlines for my next travel.
    Thanks.

jhm
    Re: NH New Seats
    « Reply #1 on: Aug 10th, 2006, 05:12am »
    Is the new NH C seat on all planes ? If so, I'll let you know after I try it next Sunday for NH160 PEK-KIX.

CGK
    « Reply #2 on: Aug 10th, 2006, 05:18am »
    I think your flight will be new regional C. But I am looking for the transpac new seats. I think MANFlyer and guttorm had done this before.

MANFlyer
    « Reply #3 on: Aug 10th, 2006, 05:38am »
    I had the New Style Club ANA last year on a 744 for JFK-NRT. I can make a reasonable comparison as I has just got off SQ26 from FRA 90 minutes earlier.

It was a nice product, but like most of the other new style seats I found the SpaceBed more comfortable for sleeping. Like all the others (LH, MH, TG etc) it's narrower than the SpaceBed and they have a more limited AVOD IFE system.

Still, the service was very good as one would expect with an Asian airline, although it was difficult trying to interact with the crew.

The food was excellent but one slightly bizarre thing was we were offered NO drink whatsoever until about 30 minutes after take-off. That's soft or alocoholic drinks. Nada.

They have the New Style on the longer primary routes from NRT like LHR, JFK, FRA (I think). They are introducing their new 773ER's now, and this has replaced the 744 on the JFK route.

http://intsvc.aspwb.com/contents/Eng.../index2_e.html

jhm
    « Reply #4 on: Aug 10th, 2006, 05:45am »
    You're right (as usual)! My flight's seat map shows a 2-1-2 configuration so I have the Club ANA Asia seat:

http://intsvc.aspwb.com/E/C/200510/P...seat/seat.html

and the seat you're talking about is, I think, this one:

http://intsvc.aspwb.com/E/C/200605/N...seat/seat.html

CGK
    « Reply #5 on: Aug 10th, 2006, 05:59am »
    Well, MANFlyer, you have me me changing my mind. Since I am using UA miles for this trip, and there was an opening in O-class for NH 6 NRT-LAX, I decided to try the new F seat instead.

MANFlyer
    « Reply #6 on: Aug 10th, 2006, 06:20am »
    I would definitely go for F on NH, I have heard very good things about it.

jhm, I flew NRT-SIN on NH on the same trip (literally, I did FRA-(SQ)-JFK-(NH)-NRT-(NH)-SIN in one go) as above. However, I was on a 777 and it had older seats, which looked different to the 2-1-2 layout above. I presume that layout is on a 767 of some description.

Jhm
    « Reply #7 on: Aug 10th, 2006, 06:29am »
    I don't know anything about NH but F on NRT-SFO seems to have been withdrawn:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=538365

so although NRT-LAX still seems to have F, wouldn't the same factors causing the withdrawal of F to SFO also be the same for flights to LAX ?

CGK
    « Reply #8 on: Aug 10th, 2006, 08:06am »
    on Aug 10th, 2006, 06:29am, jhm wrote:
    I don't know anything about NH but F on NRT-SFO seems to have been withdrawn:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=538365

so although NRT-LAX still seems to have F, wouldn't the same factors causing the withdrawal of F to SFO also be the same for flights to LAX ?

It will be 744 aircraft for NRT-LAX. Just called ANA and yes it is the new F seats. I think NRT-LAX has been always 3-class service.

glam82
    « Reply #9 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 4:45pm »
    Does anyone know if they will ever have the new seats for the SIN-NRT-HNL sectors?? Or they would not even consider it because of the low yield?? I did a check on the above links and the got to a page which said "no data found"

9V-JKL
    « Reply #10 on: Oct 8th, 2006, 11:58pm »
    on Oct 5th, 2006, 4:45pm, glam82 wrote:
    Does anyone know if they will ever have the new seats for the SIN-NRT-HNL sectors??

I do know that once in a while, their 773ERs shows up on the SIN-NRT route. Don't know the exact times so you may be pleasantly surprised

But from 30/Oct, they'll be adding a 2nd daily for the SIN-NRT route with some new on-board services. But will be their regional C seats
    http://www.anaskyweb.com/sg/e/ana_in...nrt/index.html

glam82
    « Reply #11 on: Oct 9th, 2006, 05:19am »
    on Oct 8th, 2006, 11:58pm, 9V-JKL wrote:
    I do know that once in a while, their 773ERs shows up on the SIN-NRT route. Don't know the exact times so you may be pleasantly surprised

But from 30/Oct, they'll be adding a 2nd daily for the SIN-NRT route with some new on-board services. But will be their regional C seats
    http://www.anaskyweb.com/sg/e/ana_in...nrt/index.html

Thanks, I do know about the new service, but I like the 13 hours transit in Tokyo that the night departure from Singapore allows, gives me the chance to get into Tokyo and do some eating and shopping

Following my post on the other forum about snagging a SQ F seat, I actually have to get to NRT in the first place! Does anyone know anything about NH's service from HKG? I could book a J class seat HKG-NRT on a 744. The only other option between these two is the UA 777 service, which I'm not particularly keen to spend even a small amount of miles and money on to be honest.
    Check out my Trip Reports at:
    Phil's Travel Diary

Comment

Hi,
      I had NH experience which were hit and miss. My last NH F NRT-LAX was great. Good Japanese meals, but overall, it's still not SQ. NH J shoould be okay. May be the regional seats are not as comfy as UA C, but the meals should be much better. Again, if you really want to avoid UA, then you should try NH.

Comment

Another NH F experience for me... This time on 777-300 ER ... The seats are still nice... and kyo-kaiseki was excellent.

Comment

Notes for DFP reports later:

- The seat design covers part of the window. And that wall makes the suite smaller. Importantly, difficult to have laptop and to have meals at the same time.

- NH uses a Japanese style tray. This makes it a bit not classy. Oh and those plastic spoons.

Comment

CGK, would you be so kind to share some pictures with us. I'm sure we'll all appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              CGK, would you be so kind to share some pictures with us. I'm sure we'll all appreciate it
              Hmm I have my pics but doesn't look great. I will ask DeltaFlyingProf to mail his to me. He took a good cabin pics in J and F as far as I remembered.

Comment

Anything about NH C from CDG to NRT? Is it the new seats? Just snagged 2 C seats CDG-NRT and then on SQ NRT-SIN.

Comment

Working...
                X