http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/member.php?u=139681

And good 1st post too: (see post #6)
    http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700731

How about here?

I've just PM'd him, telling him that SQtalk was the "proper" SQ forum

Comment

I saw it as well.

Comment

Yuck....what a horrible handle. Makes SQ sound like all the other crappy US airlines. I expected better from a SQ lurker

Comment

Yesterday when I boarded my flight to DPS, the first thing that the IFE, LS and LSS noticed was the new SQTalk tag. They even wrote down the name in a piece of paper. So, hope they are enjoying this side now. And definitely we love SQ too much!

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
            Yuck....what a horrible handle. Makes SQ sound like all the other crappy US airlines. I expected better from a SQ lurker
            If this guy is the same guy as of last year, hmm I thought he was supposed to call me for something to discuss... I guess I am nothing compare to all those flyers who want SPTC.
            May be soon we will have a "mistake fares" on SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
              If this guy is the same guy as of last year, hmm I thought he was supposed to call me for something to discuss... I guess I am nothing compare to all those flyers who want SPTC.
              May be soon we will have a "mistake fares" on SQ.
              sorry for my ignorance cgk- but what does "all those flyers who want SPTC" mean? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                sorry for my ignorance cgk- but what does "all those flyers who want SPTC" mean? thanks!
                Sorry for my sarcasm remarks.
                Well I have spent too long hours at SKL SIN and got all the diamonds and dirts of SQ flyers.
                When you fly premium cabin, and the schedule forced you to make a long layover, the airlines should provide you with an accomodation. This was true before my time. But nowdays, not all airlines will do such a thing. And yes, all the premium fares are varied.
                And yes many flyers out there who are still expecting to get the free accomodation when the schedule forces them to have long lay over in SIN. I heard it gets abused frequently. I witnessed how one pax "accidently" missing the flight (10 minutes closure rule), and demanded SQ to give free hotel, meals and transport for the next 24 hours (yup the next schedule flight will be almost 24 hours later), and this flyer would have to have a whole day worth for business in Singapore, while the fares he paid clearly did not allow any stopover in SIN.
                Also, we know good fares ex-CMB which has risen so much. Well, because of scheduling, almost every flyer wanted hotel etc paid by SQ. But the thing is now most of those flyers, taking SQ CMB-SIN-XXX then connecting to other airlines accross the water. SQ gets to pay the hotel in SIN, and we know how the $$$ portion of the tix getting back to SQ.
                I know they are entitled to it, but there are some out there who push it to the limit. And yes, when they don't get them, they would scream bloody hell to the SKL staff.

Comment

Sorry for my sarcasm remarks.
                  Well I have spent too long hours at SKL SIN and got all the diamonds and dirts of SQ flyers.
                  When you fly premium cabin, and the schedule forced you to make a long layover, the airlines should provide you with an accomodation. This was true before my time. But nowdays, not all airlines will do such a thing. And yes, all the premium fares are varied.
                  And yes many flyers out there who are still expecting to get the free accomodation when the schedule forces them to have long lay over in SIN. I heard it gets abused frequently. I witnessed how one pax "accidently" missing the flight (10 minutes closure rule), and demanded SQ to give free hotel, meals and transport for the next 24 hours (yup the next schedule flight will be almost 24 hours later), and this flyer would have to have a whole day worth for business in Singapore, while the fares he paid clearly did not allow any stopover in SIN.
                  Also, we know good fares ex-CMB which has risen so much. Well, because of scheduling, almost every flyer wanted hotel etc paid by SQ. But the thing is now most of those flyers, taking SQ CMB-SIN-XXX then connecting to other airlines accross the water. SQ gets to pay the hotel in SIN, and we know how the $$$ portion of the tix getting back to SQ.
                  I know they are entitled to it, but there are some out there who push it to the limit. And yes, when they don't get them, they would scream bloody hell to the SKL staff.

thank you for the information. no need to apologize at all... i don't think it's sarcastic. it's a shame when people really abuse something to the detriment of others- not only to singapore air, which is left paying the business tab of a customer who did something calculated and deceptive, but to the other singapore air flyers who have legitimate concerns that get pushed to the wayside because one PITA expects EVERYONE to drop EVERYTHING they are doing and bend over backwards for them. as least you do your best to make things go smoothly for all of the FAs who have the honor of serving you!

Comment

btw, we're all counting the days until we can see:
                    CGK
                    SQTalk Solitaire PPS

replaced with:
                    CGK
                    SQTalk LPPS

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                      btw, we're all counting the days until we can see:
                      CGK
                      SQTalk Solitaire PPS

replaced with:
                      CGK
                      SQTalk LPPS
                      It won't happen soon. My counter stops at 928.5. And the PPS in Singapore seems having big problem with all those sectors posting with the correspondent PPS Values. Even my simple CGK-SIN-SIN bought on-line has not been posted properly.

Note: I think you meant the status in this forum. LOL
                      Last edited by CGK; 7 June 2007, 02:25 PM.

Comment

100% agree with CGK. I too have seen it happen, where people feel they are entitled to something that is not meant to be theirs. I call this disease entitle-itis. If it's justified it's o.k. to ask but if not and they are pushing it, it's not o.k.
                        I have found SQ going out of their way and beyond of what I have experienced on any other airline with regards to paid stays in hotels during transit etc.
                        Every time I fly YVR-SIN-MNL they pay for my stay in SIN. Usually I don't even ask, they just book me into a hotel and have a voucher ready for me at check-in in YVR.
                        On the return they don't because I could be taking the "red-eye" to ICN and it doesn't make it a forced overnight stay, which I understand. Since I prefer spending the night in SIN I pay for the hotel myself and rather spend the day in Singapore and leave the next morning fresh and happy for my flight to YVR.

Comment

Yesterday when I boarded my flight to DPS, the first thing that the IFE, LS and LSS noticed was the new SQTalk tag. They even wrote down the name in a piece of paper. So, hope they are enjoying this side now. And definitely we love SQ too much!
                          My new tag (courtesy of a very generous upright man who very kindly posted it to me from SIN along with some other gifts ) will be making its first few trips this weekend,...unfortunately not on SQ but on LX and LH Proud to fly the SQTalk tag however, regardless of which airline I'm on

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                            Proud to fly the SQTalk tag however, regardless of which airline I'm on
                            That's the spirit!
                            Now, I hope Traitor Air doesn't offload me when they see the tag...
                            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                              Now, I hope Traitor Air doesn't offload me when they see the tag...
                              Nothing to worry about. They didn't do that to me when I flaunted the tag on my SIN-HKG-LHR flights.
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                              X