Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are they allow to drink in public?

Dear all,

Was in airport and witnessed a stewardess being told off by her supervisor for drinking with a water bottle.

Am curious about this and want to hear your comment.

Originally posted by LongIslandTea View Post
    Dear all,

Was in airport and witnessed a stewardess being told off by her supervisor for drinking with a water bottle.

Am curious about this and want to hear your comment.

a singapore girl>?

Comment

Most companies do have rules about what you can and can not do when in company time especially if you are wearing a uniform so easily identifyable as a staff member.

Admitedly not being able to drink water does seem a bit harsh and I can't really see a FA drinking water as damaging the image of the airline.

Comment

ive seen SQ girls at the airport eating burger king and culping down a whoper before thier flight. l

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, LongIslandTea.

Without being privy to the incident you described it is difficult to know if there are other issues involved which led to the stewardess being reprimanded. I do not believe that there is a specific company policy against consuming food or beverages publicly in uniform as I've seen SQ cabin crew having meals at the airport McDonald's, amongst other food outlets, whilst in uniform. Of course these might be the more uninformed or disobedient staff (the latter unlikely due to the strict implementation of rules in SQ) - so someone in the know please feel free to correct me.

edited to add - You beat me to it, singaporeairlinesboi.
          Last edited by KeithMEL; 3 June 2007, 01:09 PM.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I remember some SQ Girls drinking at fountains in the airport. I don't think this image could damage the company. It's only the proof they're not robotic.
            There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
            If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

the only reason why i would see a supervisor reprimanding a worker is because maybe the worker was consuming competitions products or maybe the worker is only allowed to consume company sponsored products. I remember in one of my old part time jobs I was only allowed to consume the water sold by the company and not bring any other competitors for lunch.

Comment

Working...
              X