Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPS Lounge Privileges Pertaining to Guests

Having a quiet night in and saw this:

You may also invite a guest to enjoy this privilege with you, provided he or she is travelling on the same Singapore Airlines or SilkAir flight as you.

Not a very enforced rule it seems is it?

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
    Having a quiet night in and saw this:

You may also invite a guest to enjoy this privilege with you, provided he or she is traveling on the same Singapore Airlines or SilkAir flight as you.

Not a very enforced rule it seems is it?
    Traveled with my spouse and kid (both non-PPS) and they allowed me to use the lounge with the family although we were all on Y on two trips. Not sure how this dispensation of just one guest rule will change with the SQ's concern about overcrowded SK lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
      Traveled with my spouse and kid (both non-PPS) and they allowed me to use the lounge with the family although we were all on Y on two trips. Not sure how this dispensation of just one guest rule will change with the SQ's concern about overcrowded SK lounge.
      This didn't happen with my wife and 2 daughters (3 & 6), so

Not that we really cared...except for it being very embarassing...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post

The seems to belie your claim that you really didn't care. I guess the lounge agent's decision to deny entry to your 3 guests based on the "1-guest-per-PPS-member" rule still smarts?
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Why? I'm confused. the rules was 1 guest which you seem to know. You were hoping that that rule could be waive but didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            Why? I'm confused. the rules was 1 guest which you seem to know. You were hoping that that rule could be waive but didn't.
            Exactly. No need to be confused. Refer to your last sentence.

Comment

I think most service staff are quite sympathetic to parents with young kids although some can be quite stickly....allowed but with a "grunt" that this was exceptional and one time only.

Comment

Exactly.
                And so the question remains- why is a emoticon justified when you clearly knew the rules and the fact that exceptions to the rule are rare?
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                  And so the question remains- why is a emoticon justified when you clearly knew the rules and the fact that exceptions to the rule are rare?
                  Was my first time trying to access the lounge with anyone else (and first time Y travel to access as PPS)....never used the facility anyway...not such a great lounge...FRA F much better food/showers...

Quoting my statement again: "Not that we really cared...except for it being very embarassing..."

Wasn't prepared to go find a simple "thumbs down" emoticon - used what was there - sorry if it expressed more than what I meant it to be...
                  Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; 11 June 2007, 12:27 AM. Reason: clarity and more clarity! ;)

Comment

Working...
                  X