• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsunami Warning Signs in Thailand

Saw these in Trang.

They're all over Phuket as well.

Comment

With all the tidal waves occuring in the last few weeks, I cancelled my short holiday to phuket.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
        With all the tidal waves occuring in the last few weeks, I cancelled my short holiday to phuket.
        What tidal waves? What have I been missing? I haven't read the news at all this month...

Comment

Similar sign on PhiPhi island...

Comment

Interesting. I think these are relatively new--I was in Phuket a little over a year ago and don't remember seeing these.

Savage25--unless I missed the news too, I don't think there were any tsunamis in the past month.

Comment

I don't think they were tsunamis. The recent high tides just caused much higher sea levels than usual. There was a report that beaches were actually closed because of that, which Thai authorities refuted in a letter to ST.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
                Interesting. I think these are relatively new--I was in Phuket a little over a year ago and don't remember seeing these.

Savage25--unless I missed the news too, I don't think there were any tsunamis in the past month.
                The signs were in Phuket when I was last there in May '06.

Apparently, SuperJonJon knows more than the media then

Comment

My photo from PhiPhi was taken in May '06 too - evacuation routes are signposted towards the viewpoint hill

Comment

There wasn't any tsunamis but there has been tidal waves which is a disturbing fact as I wanted to go to Phuket to do some diving. A few beaches were closed due to these tidal waves.

Comment

Working...
                    X