CX To Delay/cancel New F/J/Y Product Renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CX To Delay/cancel New F/J/Y Product Renewal

According to a post in airliners.net, http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/3430746/, CX is to postpone or even cancel the further introduction of the new cabin interior, apparently due to the complaints it has received. Unfortunately, there has not been any confirmation to this news yet but personally I'm not too surprised especially with their new J product which is simply horrendous. If CX really intends to re-design the new products (which i think they should), they will no doubt have a lot of ground to cover in the next couple of years at least. Most of the top-notch airlines have already begun renewing their cabin products but CX still have a lot of aircrafts with interiors looking really worn and in dire need of renewal.
    -z.h.i.w.e.n-

I'd have to say the J one looks the one that looks to be more likely for a revamp IMHO. The F looks stunning, so i don't know why they would want to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      I'd have to say the J one looks the one that looks to be more likely for a revamp IMHO. The F looks stunning, so i don't know why they would want to change it.
      Indeed...the SQ one looks better.

Comment

Oh well, so much for the pre-emptive announcement ahead of SQ's introduction of the new cabins.

I'd be disappointed if this rumor were true, because I think the Y cabins (at least in the 744s) are in particularly desperate need of refreshing.
        Last edited by jjpb3; 30 May 2007, 02:32 PM. Reason: oops
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I don't think the problems laid so much in the aesthetic quality of the new cabins. Been reading reports about poor air circulation in the new F suites - maybe it's issues like these that CX is trying to address?
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

there are people on airliners net complaining that SQ new seats are too wide. Their just mad that they cant afford to pay for such a wonderful seat.

Comment

With all due respect, I think many of the people on airliners.net are regular F and J travellers and have taken the new SQ 77Ws before. Thus i doubt it's a case of not being able to afford it. While I haven't got this privilege, I think the main concern regarding the SQ J seat is that it is so wide that the passenger is not able to comfortably rest the arms on the armrest without 'stretching' out a little..(Correct me if i'm wrong though)

And pertaining to the CX seats, while comfort is imperative, I think the aesthetics quality is just as important. I'm sure the premium-paying passengers would expect something more "Wow" than just comfort for the amount of money they are paying. It's a pity that there have not been any sort of confirmation as to what their immediate plans are and whether they will indeed re-design the products.

I guess the timing couldn't have been worse for CX as the new products were launched just before SQ launched theirs, and so comparisons are inevitable, especially when both are arch-rivals in this region and vying for a similar target market.
              -z.h.i.w.e.n-

Comment

Yes, you might need to stretch a little but SQ new J seats are comfortable enough for any passengers to rest their armrests if they want to. The width of the new SQ J seats make the sitting condition similar to that of sitting in your sofa couch at home plus privacy - that's very comfortable. SQ new J seats are also wonderful as bed due to its width.

What I don't understand about CX new J is why CX has all these problems while other airlines which opt for the similar herringbone J seats (VS, AC, NZ, 9W) do not seem to have the problems.

Let's hope CX can sort this problem out soon.
                Last edited by UMD; 30 May 2007, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zhiw3n View Post
                  And pertaining to the CX seats, while comfort is imperative, I think the aesthetics quality is just as important.
                  The latter is indeed a consideration - but I'm not sure it is 'just as important' as comfort, functionality and safety.

Anyway I'd wait for some form of official explanation from Cathay itself before further speculation. Am sure with pressure from competitors they'd come up with something palatable somehow.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Oh well what a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                      Yes, you might need to stretch a little but SQ new J seats are comfortable enough for any passengers to rest their armrests if they want to. The width of the new SQ J seats make the sitting condition similar to that of sitting in your sofa couch at home plus privacy - that's very comfortable. SQ new J seats are also wonderful as bed due to its width.

What I don't understand about CX new J is why CX has all these problems while other airlines which opt for the similar herringbone J seats (VS, AC, NZ, 9W) do not seem to have the problems.

Let's hope CX can sort this problem out soon.

maybe it was the choice of color that cx chose? Really the colors are tacky

Comment

I thinks that the new F & Y are revolutionary. The F provides privacy & comfort, without locking you away like in a Suite (EK/9W/SQ), & the new Y maximise space, mostly by having a fixed shell so you don't recline into the person behind. The J is a mutated incarnation of the VS Upper Class Suite - a very nice & round aesthetically pleasing seat with leather for the chair & linen for the bed. The CX version has made it into a box, no leather chair, & put nasty colours on it.

They should look to something more like the new SQ Business Class or EY Pearl. They...are revultionary & worthy of standing alongside the other new CX Products

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy777 View Post
                          I thinks that the new F & Y are revolutionary.
                          Innovative Y concept, perhaps, but I wasn't too impressed with the execution. The seat, when it slid forward, created an uncomfortable angle for the neck, and I missed the storage space directly in front of me. IMO, the gain in not having someone recline into your space would be negated on long-haul flights by the loss of comfort in the reclined position.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy777 View Post
                            They should look to something more like the new SQ Business Class or EY Pearl. They...are revultionary & worthy of standing alongside the other new CX Products
                            I have only flown new SQ J so am unable to offer a comparison. How did you find EY Pearl compared to the other two ?.

Comment

hmm. the Y product seemed to be a break from the norm. a pity if they don't move forward. as for the so called new Y for SQ (in the A380 and the 777-300ER), i really don't understand how SQ can keep claiming they offer more space for economy passengers. it is still 32 inch seat pitch. the comfort is like sitting on cardboard. SQ's claims that ooo they have less seats on the A380 although it can accommodate 500 pax is only bc the suites and C take up so much room! so it is a pity if CX is going to hault at least the Y upgrades because it does seem to be just that. Unlike SQ's Y, CX is an upgrade, one that justifies any increase in fares.
                              Have Passport Will Travel!

Comment

Working...
                              X