No announcement yet.

question for FT'ers- what would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for FT'ers- what would you do?

hello everyone, I was writing because I was thinking about making a run for solitaire before sept 1, and was wondering if you think it would be worth it for me. i'm qpp1 and my requal date is nov. including my past travels and my current bookings up through aug 31, i will have 187 PPS sectors. however, I am only averaging 363 SGD per sector, because almost all of my flights are tpe-lax. therefore, i was considering making a run at solitaire, because i am getting a very favorable return on my sectors right now with the $1000/sector. i could then take the next year off from SQ and try out some other airlines, while still maintaining PPS. For my flights on SQ, I can use my banked flyer miles. After next year's lay-off, i would then switch most of my travels back to SQ and try to hit the 25,000 SGD and re-claim solitaire. Basically i could flip-flop every other year and still at least maintain PPS. In your opinion, do you think it's worth it for me to go after the extra 63 sectors. The cost-benefit of it is more money up front, but substantial money saved on the back-end.

erm, we're SQT'ers

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      erm, we're SQT'ers
      sorry, i'm still kinda new at this

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
        sorry, i'm still kinda new at this
        That was tongue in cheek really

Comment

If you thnk we will be continuing to fly a lot with SQ over the next few years then a fun for TPP makes sense as the new qualification rules are very much harder.

Comment

My impression is that TPP is relatively much more valuable with the post-Aug 2007 changes, while QPP became a lot more pedestrian.

I'd recommend the TPP run if it's feasible.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

To reach TPP after September 1, using the PPS Value is very difficult. If you have the time and resources, I will do it.

Comment

thanks so much for everyone's feedback... much appreciated. cgk- good luck with your lpp run!

Comment

Hihi

I echo the sentiments of others. Am doing a TPP run as well. Just finished a FRTWSTAR1 today. Doing a turn around CGK tomorrow. Still have to clear 32 sectors by Aug 31.

Good luck to you and CGK on his LPP run.

Comment

Originally posted by eddyooi View Post
                    Hihi

I echo the sentiments of others. Am doing a TPP run as well. Just finished a FRTWSTAR1 today. Doing a turn around CGK tomorrow. Still have to clear 32 sectors by Aug 31.

Good luck to you and CGK on his LPP run.

Welcome to SQ Talk and good luck on your TPP run, eddyooi!
                    I wish I could do a TPP run but am too far away.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                      .....i'm qpp1 and my requal date is nov. including my past travels and my current bookings up through aug 31, i will have 187 PPS sectors. however, I am only averaging 363 SGD per sector....
                      A simple calculation yields your annual PPS Values of 78K. It is more than enough to comfortably maintain TPP, yet it will take another 2-3 years to advance to TPP. I think it is worth it to go for TPP. 5 1/2 extra RT in F, or 6 1/2 extra RT in C, TPE-LAX would do it. Alternatively, you could fly down to SIN and do short hops to BKK/CGK/CMB. Don't forget you could also earn PPS Sectors flying MI to SOC/HKT etc.
                      Last edited by TerryK; 28 May 2007, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X