View of CMB Airport from Seat 2A on SQ467

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View of CMB Airport from Seat 2A on SQ467

I had the privilege to accompany SQFan on his flights from CMB recently. It is a day flight and it is different than the usual midnight flight. Of course no more PJ and kit distributed, but the meals service is much more elaborate, aka lunch menu.
    Here are the pictures from my seats 2A while taxiing from the gate until taking off. But I will post first Mr. SQFan's pic trying out an old C seat.

From the Gate and Starts Taxiing

Comment

Nearby wink wink (re: my experience from last time)

Comment

Prior to turning at runway and taking off

Comment

In the air

The main route to the airport and to Colombo. Had been on that road often but this time I could put two and two together since usually taking the taxi at night.

Comment

Leaving the land towards the body of water all the way to southeast asia peninsula

Comment

Nice pics, CGK! But what happened to the warning about switching off all electrical appliances during take offs?

Comment

SQFAN looks like he's trying to make a go at enjoying a non-SpaceBed. Spoiled brat.

Nice pics, CGK.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Hi CGK nice bit of aerial reconnaissance for the Tamil Tigers next bombing run

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                    Hi CGK nice bit of aerial reconnaissance for the Tamil Tigers next bombing run

Comment

It crossed my mind about someone would take this in a wrong way. But, love to show you guys the infamous CMB.

Note: Will I be in trouble?

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                        SQFAN looks like he's trying to make a go at enjoying a non-SpaceBed. Spoiled brat.
                        Hey, gotta make with what I've got unlike Mr 'turn left upon entry' CGK. heh heh heh It was superb fun flying with CGK, catching up with 'news'.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                          It crossed my mind about someone would take this in a wrong way. But, love to show you guys the infamous CMB.

LOL don't worry! It's not like you're taking pics of various military installations around the city.
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

We commissioned one of these helicopters to search for a ship once...pilots were too scared to fly over water...no radar on board either...asked for GPS coordinates only!

Airframe was also misaligned...

Comment

Quite often flying into Israel they will make an announcement that it is illegal to take aerial photography over main land Israel.

Comment

Working...
                              X