Congratulations, jjpb3!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations, jjpb3!

After missing the Drinks at the Fullerton, I managed to meet jjpb3 at Changi Sunday late afternoon. Met the whole family again... who waited patiently while I checked in my bag for my flight going home tomorrow.

We went to SKL, had Dom, and did some homeworks. Fifteen minutes to six, I accompanied him to his gate for HKG. Yeah, it's his first time taking Skytrain. And, gate D44 is for his Traitor's Air flight bound to HKG. Long line. No special line for F or C or VFF. I watched him going through the security process. He patiently took care the clear plastic out as well as the laptop. Oh yeah, he took off his belt as well.
    Later on, he went to the BP checker, and then he waited on the other side. I knew right away what's going on. The agent at the podium gave him new BP stub, and I sms him right away. Yeah, CX loves jjpb3. Op-up for him.
    Congratulations! Hope you have great dinner on board green color airlines.

Congratulations on the op up, jjpb3.
    Hope you had an enjoyable flight.

Comment

Congrats on the op up, jjpb3!
      I believe a TR ought to be forthcoming to celebrate this momentous occasion?
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Never mind all that. What was he doing on Traitors Air in the first place ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          Never mind all that. What was he doing on Traitors Air in the first place ?.
          Well, I already did 3 trips with Traitors Air in the first half of this year...and more to come of course

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
            Well, I already did 3 trips with Traitors Air in the first half of this year...and more to come of course
            I thought the question was directed at jjpb3?

Comment

CGK you snitch! In the interest of full information, the op-up was only for the SIN-HKG leg of my trip. And since my miles upgrade didn't clear on the HKG-LHR sector, it was Y after my first CX First. What a downgrade. But all in all, not a bad use of miles: buy an economy class ticket, experience Business on two of the four sectors, and experience First in a long-haul cabin on one sector.

MAN Flyer: I had to use my Asia Miles before they evaporated! Besides, SQ has recently signalled to me that my business as a mid-level KrisFlyer isn't really what they value, right?

KeithMEL: verbal (sorry, too shy to take pics) TR will be coming. I need time to compose my thoughts.*

But a preview of the highlights:
              • CX premium classes compare very favorably to SQ's, though I do have a preference for the SQ hardware (SkySuites = bliss), CX wines, SQ non-Chinese food, CX Chinese food, CX ground service (including lounges)
              • SQ is miles ahead in economy
              • As a mid-level elite, I got more spontaneous interactions with CX ; I felt mid-level elite status got no extra points on SQ
              • SQ Girls and Boys still are my fave but CX crew are a very warm, professional group, and they're a pleasure to fly with as well -- SQ and CX are just in a league of their own, and I hope they continue to keep each other on their toes when it comes to innovation and customer service

*edited to add: Unfortunately, I've just been too busy / tired / uninspired to pull my thoughts together. Maybe next time ...
              Last edited by jjpb3; 5 June 2007, 06:07 PM. Reason: "no TR" warning
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Reading your summary, I am crying now...

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                  Reading your summary, I am crying now...
                  Did my summary sound that favorable towards Traitors Air? No need to worry. SQ is still #1 in my book -- the gap is just a lot narrower than I had thought before.

Comment

Soon I will be alone in this forum while the rests are moving to Traitors Air ...

Comment

Hey, if being a mid-level elite in CX means getting the occasional op up,
                      and in SQ means almost never getting an op up,
                      doesn't it make more sense to be with CX than SQ ?
                      Giving an op up is sort of CX's way of saying it appreciates your business right ? Hmm......now I am starting to understand the message SQ is trying to say to me......

Anyway, congrats on your op up, jjpb3 !
                      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Congratulations on the op-up

Not ever having flown with CX, I find it difficult to comment specifically, but your quote in the summary...

"SQ is miles ahead in economy"

...pretty much sums it up for me - knowing my travel patterns and the rarity of op-ups with SQ, I'm resigned to the fact that most of my travel is in Ecomony - seeing as SQ caters so well for Economy pax, I'm happy to direct as much of my travel towards them as possible Does that make sense?!

So, CGK, at least mrs nickbot and I will be still here on the forum when others have flown the nest

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                          So, CGK, at least mrs nickbot and I will be still here on the forum when others have flown the nest
                          Near....far... wherever you are....*oops wrong forum*

All I can say is the Golden Goose and SQTalk will always remain in my heart no matter what carrier I choose to fly with - for it's the first time I've had a birthday celebration onboard, and it is via my involvement in this special online community in its various incarnations that I've met so many fantastic individuals, many of whom I now consider good mates.
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
                            Anyway, congrats on your op up, jjpb3 !
                            Congratulations on the op-up
                            Thanks!
                            seeing as SQ caters so well for Economy pax, I'm happy to direct as much of my travel towards them as possible Does that make sense?!
                            Makes total sense to me. I'm in your boat on this one ... except that I'm inclined to switch some of my travels to Traitor Air because they also treat me well. I'm going to see how they respond to my feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                              • SQ is miles ahead in economy
                              Met a CX pilot friend over the weekend. He came over from HKG on SQ Economy (holiday). why?
                              To be fair, he just said 'better'

More importantly, congrats jjpb3!

Comment

Working...
                              X