Gold to something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold to something?

Hi... My first post and great to find a site dedicated to an airline I love flying with. We made the move around 2 years ago for all our business flights. Singapore Airlines have always gone the extra mile to look after us. Anyway a question... as I couldn't clearly establish what would happen. I am an Elite Gold now... which expires in Nov.. dont expect to make 50k points... in time.. as I have had more Domestic flights so far this year than OS. So I guess I will drop back to a Silver. If don't nail 25k for Silver does that mean you can go straight from Gold to Blue again?

Thanks!

question?

Welcome to SQTalk, whatsthequestionnow!

As far as I know, SQ doesn't have a soft landing. In other words, if you're (say) PPS or KF gold and fail to get enough to qualify for even KF silver, you'll drop straight back to KF blue. (However, somebody recently posted that he had a soft landing from PPS down to KF silver and I'll find out myself later this year whether this is indeed the case!)

Comment

Quick question.
      - Where is the location? I am assuming you are not in Singapore, since you mentioned about "Domestic Flights"

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
        Quick question.
        - Where is the location? I am assuming you are not in Singapore, since you mentioned about "Domestic Flights"
        Australia... where there are no Star Alliance Carriers domestically... so it is Qantas which has been getting all the flights.

question?

Comment

Originally posted by whatsthequestionnow View Post
          So I guess I will drop back to a Silver. If don't nail 25k for Silver does that mean you can go straight from Gold to Blue again?
          Welcome to SQTalk!

I was soft-landed to Silver after not having flown for almost a year. But it could be a case-by-case scenario so it may be different in your case.

Comment

I've read from multiple sources, for example http://airreview.members.beeb.net/Singapore/index.htm, that SQ might allow you to requalify EG status if you take 2 return trips of any length (except SIN-KUL or SIN-PEN) on SQ. Don't know if that is still the case might can't hurt asking.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              I've read from multiple sources, for example http://airreview.members.beeb.net/Singapore/index.htm, that SQ might allow you to requalify EG status if you take 2 return trips of any length (except SIN-KUL or SIN-PEN) on SQ. Don't know if that is still the case might can't hurt asking.

Thanks for that.. and the website as well. I have a BNE-KUL return booked in 2 weeks. Then later possibly BNE-BGK and BNE-ATH... all depends if I go or my other work collegue.

Got around 4k of elite mlies logged so far.. and jsut doing the maths... I wouldn't make it... but gauranted.. around a month or so later after requalitifing anniversary date I would.

In terms of asking... who would I direct that request to?

question?

Comment

Originally posted by whatsthequestionnow View Post
                In terms of asking... who would I direct that request to?

question?
                Krisflyer itself perhaps?
                http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ce/contact.jsp
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                  Now as I look back at what I wrote... ask a silly question.....

anyway more over I was thinking you may have had another "in" rather than the bulk request email. I will contact my person in the Singapore Brisbane office for their thoughts.

But thank you all for the heads up.

question?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    Welcome to SQTalk!

I was soft-landed to Silver after not having flown for almost a year. But it could be a case-by-case scenario so it may be different in your case.
                    I got Elite Silver status too, after being kicked out of the "exclusive" PPS Club. However, I'm not sure if the same applies to Elite Gold members, given the importance SIA attaches to revenue contributors. Not trying to be sarcastic here; Just setting the expectations right.
                    My Cafe Adventures
                    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                      I got Elite Silver status too, after being kicked out of the "exclusive" PPS Club. However, I'm not sure if the same applies to Elite Gold members, given the importance SIA attaches to revenue contributors. Not trying to be sarcastic here; Just setting the expectations right.
                      Fianlly got the answer. Soft landed to Silver from Gold.. so that was nice. My international flights went quiet. And next week have been forced to fly Qantas as could not get any return SIN flights from BNE.. dissapointing.

Comment

Working...
                      X