Bangkok Dining - Rosabieng Restaurant in Sukhumvit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok Dining - Rosabieng Restaurant in Sukhumvit

At the end of July I was in Bangkok for a few days, and on one of the evenings a Singaporean friend of mine, now living in Bangkok, brought me to this restaurant in Sukhumvit.

I am not a connoisseur of Thai food, so any opinions on the food expressed here are not coming from someone who has eaten a lot of fine Thai cuisine, but I did enjoy my meal very much. The place did seem very popular with both locals and tourists.

This restaurant is in a two storey house in a busy food street in Sukhumvit. There are both indoor and outdoor dining areas.

The name "Rosabieng" means Dining Car of a Train, and the restaurant is decorated with a railroad theme.

The centerpiece indoors is a large railway model.

The fare on offer was traditional Thai cuisine, although they did have one item with a railway theme: traditional dining car fried rice...

Last edited by yflyer; 31 August 2014, 10:49 PM.

We started with mango salad...

And oyster omelette...

Other dishes included green curry chicken...

The ubiquitous tom yam goong, served fairly spicy, but not as fiery as some other places (perhaps because they saw we had a few foreign visitors at the table...)

A really wonderful whole fish...

And one of the specials...a crispy duck dish...

Comment

One of my colleagues, a white Australian gentleman, stunned the waitresses by consuming multiple side plates of hot chilli padi...if they had known his capacity for hot stuff, they might have turned up the heat a few notches on the other dishes. But thankfully they didn't, as most of the other food was already quite spicy. Any hotter and it would have been difficult for the rest of us to enjoy dinner...

We washed it all down with Chang beer...

Comment

They had a selection of home-made ice cream available for dessert, and one o the standout items was Thai iced-tea flavoured ice cream. This was really good, almost as if you were drinking a glass of ice-cold, creamy Thai iced tea.

Comment

A very nice meal. While not the last word in fine Thai cuisine, my Singaporean colleague, who has lived in Bangkok for many years and is for all intents and purposes a local, did think the food served as pretty decent, and some dishes, like the fish, duck and Thai iced tea ice cream were standouts.

The location, on a busy street near Sukhumvit, with many other restaurants, was quite convenient too.

If anyone has other interesting recommendations for Bangkok dining, do share them!

Comment

Working...
          X