Moderately priced hotel near Changi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderately priced hotel near Changi?

I plan to take SQ15 to SIN arriving at 1 AM. My next flight (different airline) is at 10 AM (9 hours later).

I know Changi has a transit hotel but it is airside and I will have checked luggage I need to collect (interlining to the final destination is not a possibility).

Is there a reasonable hotel close to Changi that is equipped for late night arrivals?

Originally posted by Coles View Post
    I plan to take SQ15 to SIN arriving at 1 AM. My next flight (different airline) is at 10 AM (9 hours later).

I know Changi has a transit hotel but it is airside and I will have checked luggage I need to collect (interlining to the final destination is not a possibility).

Is there a reasonable hotel close to Changi that is equipped for late night arrivals?
    The le Meridien Changi had some good deals the last time I looked. Didn't seem like a bad option.

Comment

As always, thanks for the reply SQflyergirl.

However, I don't see a Le Meridien at Changi (Starwood website)

Comment

....However, I don't see a Le Meridien at Changi ....
        That property left Starwood in Dec 2006. It is the Chiangi Village Hotel now.

http://www.changivillage.com.sg/

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
          Thanks for the link. It's a little pricey for such a short stay. Any other recommendations?

Comment

You can try to get to downtown hotels instead, probably Hotel 81 in Bugis. It only takes 20-25min just to get to downtown from airport. Traffic in Singapore is very good, even during morning peak hours.

Comment

I've had a layovers at very similar times to this and always get a Hotel in town. Remember this is Changi; you'll be through immigration,with your bags and getting in a taxi about 20 minutes after touchdown.

At that time of day it will take 15 minutes to get to Suntec City area where you have various Hotels such as Conrad (my usual), Pan Pacific, Oriental, Marina Mandarin etc. While these may be a little expensive for such a short stay they are very handy for getting back to Changi in the morning. If these are not of interest another 5 minutes will get you to virtually anywhere else in the central area and thus a greater choice of Hotels.

Comment

You could try Century Roxy. Its the only other hotel other than the Le Meridien Changi Village hotel that offers airport shuttles

Comment

Changi Village Hotel is not a very good hotel and it may look near to Changi Airport on the map, but it isn't when you take a cab there. Its considered rather expensive for its location and its not that fantastic. A city hotel will be better or even the Grand Mecure Roxy Hotel, depending on your budget.

Comment

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
                    You can try to get to downtown hotels instead, probably Hotel 81 in Bugis. It only takes 20-25min just to get to downtown from airport. Traffic in Singapore is very good, even during morning peak hours.
                    If you are going to Bugis, might as well consider Park View Hotel along Beach Road. Their rates are comparable to Hotel 81 Bugis, yet their rooms and reputation are FAR better than Hotel 81 Bugis.
                    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Working...
                    X