Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4x R/T SIN-KUL in F: VS Gold or LH miles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x R/T SIN-KUL in F: VS Gold or LH miles?

I will probably make 4 round-trips SIN-KUL in F in the coming months (among other SQ long-haul trips). Instead of collecting the pathetic 2000+ Krisflyer miles, I've basically two options for booking the miles:

(1) book to VS Flying Club, and earn VS Gold. Basically a cheap thrill of collecting another top-tier status, since I already have QPP which has largely similar or better benefits.

(2) book to LH M&M, and earn 12,000 status miles. Probably more useful in the long-run if I end up using M&M more, but for the moment KF is still my primary FFP.

What would you do?

I'd save the money from the upgrade and buy myself a nice dress.

Comment

Somehow, I don't look good in dresses...

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
        Somehow, I don't look good in dresses...
        You just need to find the right cut and material. Don't knock a good dress and how it can change the way you look

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          ... how it can change the way you look
          Of that there is little doubt...

Comment

What would you do?
            I would go SQ SIN-KUL and MH KUL-SIN just for the lounges at either end. MH do use crappy equipment on the shuttle (grubby A330's and 734's) but their lounge is excellent.

I know it is an easy way of getting VS Gold (I got Silver from 3 one ways...) but unless you will actualy use it I'm not sure it's worth it.

Comment

Slightly off topic, but if I were to gain VS gold. That would mean I can guest someone into VS CH where previously I couldn't as a PPS?

Comment

Get VS Gold. Status match to BD Gold. Make BD your primary FFP. Redeem cash+miles on SQ flights.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                  Get VS Gold. Status match to BD Gold. Make BD your primary FFP. Redeem cash+miles on SQ flights.
                  Not bad... Except that all my credit card points still end up in KF...

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                  Slightly off topic, but if I were to gain VS gold. That would mean I can guest someone into VS CH where previously I couldn't as a PPS?
                  Good thought.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  I would go SQ SIN-KUL and MH KUL-SIN just for the lounges at either end. MH do use crappy equipment on the shuttle (grubby A330's and 734's) but their lounge is excellent.

I know it is an easy way of getting VS Gold (I got Silver from 3 one ways...) but unless you will actualy use it I'm not sure it's worth it.
                  Well, I don't plan to use the lounge much. Will be at business meetings all day, so the flight, short as it is, will be more of a consideration than the lounge...

Whether it's "worth it" for VS Gold, my opportunity cost is 2000 KF miles or 12000 M&M miles, which is not a whole lot....

Comment

Don't you have to be flying VS to do this ?.

Comment

Whether it's "worth it" for VS Gold, my opportunity cost is 2000 KF miles or 12000 M&M miles, which is not a whole lot....
                      In terms of $$, how much does the 4 x R/T cost in F for the KL run?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
                        In terms of $$, how much does the 4 x R/T cost in F for the KL run?
                        At today's prices circa RM1220 or 360 USD each - and it doesn't really matter anymore which end you start it from.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          At today's prices circa RM1220 or 360 USD each - and it doesn't really matter anymore which end you start it from.
                          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            Don't you have to be flying VS to do this ?.
                            I just got confirmation from VS that as a VS gold, you would be able to use to VSCH and have a guest even when flying SQ.

I am going to start crediting my SIN-KUL flights to VS.

Comment

I just got confirmation from VS that as a VS gold, you would be able to use to VSCH and have a guest even when flying SQ.

I am going to start crediting my SIN-KUL flights to VS.
                              You planning to visit us in London soon, SuperJonJon?
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                              X