Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online Redemption Booking Service Temporarily Unavailable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Redemption Booking Service Temporarily Unavailable?

Anyone noticed that the online booking facility has recently been unavailable for award tickets between Singapore-USA and Singapore-Kuala Lumpur? Anybody knows the reason why? I hope it's not permanent

It's been a while. When I look up my account, this what appears:

Dear Mr dot dot dot,

Thank you for being a PITA.
    Your last login was on 22/5/2007 at 01:27 (GMT+8).
    We regret that our Online Redemption Booking service for the following city pairs is currently not available -

Singapore - Los Angeles
    Singapore - San Francisco
    Singapore - New York (JFK and Newark)
    Singapore - Vancouver
    Singapore - Penang
    Singapore - Kuala Lumpur

Online redemption booking to SilkAir destinations is also temporarily not available. Please check again later.

Comment

I was never able to redeem any tickets from LHR-SIN-KUL...damn them!

Comment

I think it also comes up with problems where they have the new on-board seating as it requires double miles for these flights. (But of course you don't get double miles if you pay for them!)

Comment

Originally posted by Snaffled View Post
          I think it also comes up with problems where they have the new on-board seating as it requires double miles for these flights. (But of course you don't get double miles if you pay for them!)
          Sorry, I may be out of action for some time, but the last I checked, YVR, PEN, KUL, NYC (JFK & EWR) are not served by the 77W..

So it seems weird why only the US flights and Malaysian flights aren't allowed online booking...
          Last edited by kaysquare; 22 May 2007, 05:31 PM. Reason: thanks crazycrab955 for catching my mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
            Sorry, I may be out of action for some time, but the last I checked, YVR, PEN, KUL, NYC (JFK & EWR) are served by the 77W..
            Huh?

None of these are served by the 77W in the regular schedules.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrab955 View Post
              Huh?

None of these are served by the 77W in the regular schedules.
              Oops. My bad. Very bad typo.. sneaking in a few posts in between lunch and work.

Comment

Has anyone also noticed that every other time when we use the Schedules & Timetables feature on the website, it is unavailable? I almost always have to resort to making a mock flight booking to check schedules!

Is it their system or is it just me?
                My Cafe Adventures
                Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                  Has anyone also noticed that every other time when we use the Schedules & Timetables feature on the website, it is unavailable? I almost always have to resort to making a mock flight booking to check schedules!

Is it their system or is it just me?
                  I'd say its the system. Seems to be overloaded quite frequently. I couldn't even OLCI for my flight last month! With no phone check in, the only thing left to do was to go to the airport early to check in.

Comment

This is the response I got when I wrote to them

Dear Mr Dot Dot

Thank you for your email dated 22 May 2007 to KrisFlyer Membership Services.

...In response to your enquiry, please be advised that our website is currently experiencing intermittent problems. However, our Technical Team is attending to it to resolve this issue. We would suggest that in the event that this problem occurs again, please do not hesitate to contact the KrisFlyer Membership Services at (65) 6789 8188 for assistance.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to us, Mr Dot Dot. We look forward to be of service to you again.

Comment

and here's one more nebulous discovery. I tried to make a mock LAX-KUL-LAX redemption booking with a stopover in NRT and it says that the taxes and surcharges amount to a whopping US$1380 on top of the 59500 miles required for economy saver. Does this even make sense?

Comment

That probably is correct, airport taxes and surcharges are usually sky high. It's never 'worth' redeeming flight tickets as we still need to pay those taxes.

Best is to upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
                          That probably is correct, airport taxes and surcharges are usually sky high. It's never 'worth' redeeming flight tickets as we still need to pay those taxes.

Best is to upgrade!
                          Hmm but I thought that the taxes and surcharges usually match those incurred if you buy a regular ticket? I tried to make a mock paid booking, the taxes for this amounted to only about US$300

Comment

SIN-Malaysia is back

Comment

its finally back up! besides silkair

Comment

Working...
                              X