Question about AC: 763 vs. 333 on LHR-YUL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about AC: 763 vs. 333 on LHR-YUL

A shout to our Canadian members: is there a difference in Y between the two planes? I'm looking at flights between YUL and LHR in October, and those two planes have been offered as choices (and I have the 'luxury' of choosing between them on the inbound to LHR).

Thoughts?
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Please look for the flights via YYZ on 77W!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
      Please look for the flights via YYZ on 77W!!!!
      No patience for transits in this instance. Just gotta get the weekend rolling, ya know?

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        Just gotta get the weekend rolling, ya know?
        Indeed.

Comment

No patience for transits in this instance. Just gotta get the weekend rolling, ya know?
          When is exactly? May be I should have a target for my workout, and see how it goes for October party?

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
            When is exactly? May be I should have a target for my workout, and see how it goes for October party?
            Weekend of the 5th. We'll get there in time for the Friday party ... unless tickets run out. After that weekend, I'll be crossing my milestone on AC.

Sooo tempted to do a SIN mileage run, because I might as well be on SQ.

Comment

A shout to our Canadian members: is there a difference in Y between the two planes? I'm looking at flights between YUL and LHR in October, and those two planes have been offered as choices (and I have the 'luxury' of choosing between them on the inbound to LHR).

Thoughts?
              I was first going to say go with the A333 as it is newer and it just seems cleaner and nicer to fly in, however seeing that you are going in October there might be a good chance that you get a XM'd 763, which would have the new seats in Y and AVOD which isn't bad. It's a far cry from SQ's AVOD but definetly good.
              Other then the A333 being a newer plane and in my opinion nice to fly in, and the 763's have a very worn feel to it, it's really a toss up between the two.

Comment

Thanks, yvrcnx. Very very helpful advice. As I'm partial to newer planes and rather risk-averse, I think it will be the 333 for me ... at least on the inbound. The 763 has too good a schedule into YUL for me to forgo.

Thanks again!

Comment

You are very welcomed. You will find that everything is cleaner on the A333.
                  Even on the XM'd 763's the lavatories have not been refurbished and they really are ina terrible state. Usually a very strong smell.......(I won't go into details)
                  If you are used to flying SQ and used to how the lavatories are being kept throughout a long flight, try to go into the AC flight without anykind of expectations.
                  Otherwise you'll have a good flight - I hope.

Comment

Working...
                  X