Where am I ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where am I ?

I am sat in a lounge in the airport that was the location for what is still to this day the worst aviation disaster in history, despite it happening over thirty years ago.

Without resorting to Google (near impossible for many I know...) how many know where I am ?.

Just off the top of my head... TFS?

Comment

PS. SQ doesn't fly to TFS - what are you doing there?!?!

Comment

Canary Islands?

Comment

Lockerbie, Scotland?

Comment

I assume tfs is Tenerife
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

I'm with stargold that its TFS

Comment

well actually the disaster was at airport code TFN. Tenerife North airport
                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Teneriffe?

Comment

Apologies for the delay in replying, I have been in a meeting in Madrid and then enjoying the food and drink at the fabulous San Miguel Market...

I was indeed in TFN, Tenerife North or Los Rodeos Airport near the Tenerife capital, Santa Cruz. It was tragically the location where a KL 747 ploughed into a Pan Am 747 while trying to take off in fog in 1977 with the loss of 583 lives.

There are two airports in Tenerife with TFS, or Tenerife South, down at the bottom of the island serving the large numbers of year round European holidaymakers that travel there. My inbound flight was to TFS, four and a half hours in Y on a bucket & spade airline. But it was Monarch who are pretty decent so I survived, the other options direct from MAN being Easyjet or Ryanair. Four and a half hours on Ryanair ?. F*ck that.

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                    PS. SQ doesn't fly to TFS - what are you doing there?!?!
                    I am afraid a large chunk of my flights each year take me nowhere near S.E. Asia or to a destination SQ serve. I have already been West twice and now South instead of (Far) East this year.

Funnily enough I saw a wall in TFN titled 'Canary Island Spotting' with lots of pictures or aircraft, one of which was an SQ A380.

Comment

Working...
                    X