Boeing factory & musem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeing factory & musem

Hi all, as part of trip later this year, I'm planning to go to Everett. What's the minimum time to be spent on the Centre for future flights, the museum, the Boeing factory + shopping at the Boeing store ?
    To be more accurate, how much time should I allow between my inbound and outbound flights to/from SEA ? 48 hours ?
    Thanks !

48 hrs would be ok; depending how hardcore you are.
    I presume you are aware that the Museum of flight is closer to downtown than the Boeing factory.

Just a note of the museum: if weather is bad, the outdoor static display could close but do get a raincheck from them if so to allow you to come back for it another day.

Comment

Originally posted by Durian View Post
      Hi all, as part of trip later this year, I'm planning to go to Everett. What's the minimum time to be spent on the Centre for future flights, the museum, the Boeing factory + shopping at the Boeing store ?
      To be more accurate, how much time should I allow between my inbound and outbound flights to/from SEA ? 48 hours ?
      Thanks !
      Yes, 48 hours is more than enough! My wife and son did it a few months back. It's great tour; the only negative is that you can't bring along a camera.

Comment

Hi both, thanks for the feedback. I was not aware about the physical location of the 2 places, will probably need to get a rental car. Is there no MRT in Everett ?
        Whatever is missed on that day due to bad weather will be missed forever as SEA is just one stop in a RTW spreading 2 weeks, including my first ever F/R flights (see the beer mugs as bottles of Krug

Comment

Hi both, thanks for the feedback. I was not aware about the physical location of the 2 places, will probably need to get a rental car. Is there no MRT in Everett ?
          Whatever is missed on that day due to bad weather will be missed forever as SEA is just one stop in a RTW spreading 2 weeks, including my first ever F/R flights (see the beer mugs as bottles of Krug
          There are two ways to get to Everett. One: rent a car and pay the tour directly at Boeing. I think it's about $20. Google for details. Two: get a hassle-free bus tour from downtown Seattle. From viator.com website $69. http://www.viator.com/tours/Seattle/...704-5396BOEING

Indeed, Seattle weather is very wet. When I was there for 4 days in Sep last year, it was pouring for 4 days and nights. All the best! Make sure you get some good coffee there as well - forget Starbucks there, just go to a good one.

Comment

As others have mentioned, 48 hrs are more than enough. Also remember to use the loo beforehand as thelong tour doesn't allow for bathroom breaks.. :-)

Visited a few years back and got to see the 747-8 being put together as well as it taking a test flight! Enjoy the interesting trip... I'm jealous... Wish I could go there again...

Comment

Thanks for all the answers, will have 4 days in SEA to sightsee. I purchased the tickets for the Boeing thingie (too much time in SIN now becoming kiasu need to buy tickets 6 months ahead ) and will also go to the "other" museum, the Museum of Flight. And some interesting SQ, VX, CA, LH, SK and TK flights before and after

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                48 hrs would be ok; depending how hardcore you are.
                I presume you are aware that the Museum of flight is closer to downtown than the Boeing factory.

Just a note of the museum: if weather is bad, the outdoor static display could close but do get a raincheck from them if so to allow you to come back for it another day.
                And this is The Guy to know all about the facilities!

(see the beer mugs as bottles of Krug
                We DO have the Krug glasses designed just for the demented Champagne drinkers that fill this Board:

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                Make sure you get some good coffee there as well - forget Starbucks there, just go to a good one.
                +1

If you are staying at the GH or any place near, the Ruth's Chris is their #1 in the chain. They have one of THE best happy hours I've seen -- and it is earlier 16:00 - 18:00 AND later 22:00 - 00:00. The only location to serve Prime Rib Sliders 3/$5.
                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                X