AC565 SFO-YVR A320 New Cabin New AVOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC565 SFO-YVR A320 New Cabin New AVOD

Not good in writing, but pictures will speak better.
    When I boarded this flight, I was surprised to see a different cabin look.

Well, the pitch seems the same. Pretty cramped. No, I don't take any measurement. But for a change, looking at the clean look is soothing.

Well, I still see the headset given, old style, and the arm rest is wider now. That's a good sign.

Comment

The drink was served. Then the meals. Choices were salmon or beef. I remember we have only few pax: 1C, 2A, 3A, 2F, 3F.
      The serving was started from the front. When arriving at row 3, suddenly the purser whispering something to the other FA. Well, I heard it anyhow. He said keep one salmon. So pax in 3A and 3F, got to choose salmon or beef. (The other 3 pax had chosen salmon). Since she started from A side, so the guy in 3A got his salmon. And I got the beef.

The meals seems different than the usual offering in the previous flights I have taken. Yes, this is a cold meal, while before, AC offers hot meals. The Lind (Colourful wrapped ball chocolate was not there anymore. Just a plain square Ghirardelli chocolate)
      Here is the picture of my beef:

Comment

Before I forgot, during boarding, when the C pax was called, two guys were quickly went up in line. I was in between of the two. They kept talking. The usual guys chat (I have no idea what it is though ). But one showed his annoyance at me. Yeah, so I scoot aside, and let him boarded behind his friend. I just saw the tag as AC Super Elite for both of them.
        Well, I saw them passing the C section, and settled in Y. Yup, they wanted to board quickly for their two big carry-ons.

During boarding, I notice a pax hanged his jacket in the closet upfront. And he stored his rollabag in the C overhead bin, and then he walked back. Well, before landing, of course the purser handed out jacket, and he gave me this jacket, while I was wearing my jacket already the whole time.

Comment

AVOD

I noticed the screen in front of my seat.

Yes, it's a touch screen AVOD. I only see 2 movies choices. But plenty of Television programs as well as CD collections. Well at least I find ABBA is there. Also some Club musics.

Comment

The headset provided is not good. Can't hear and too noisy. Using my NC-3, it was much much better.

Comment

Scenery just for my dear LukeGT

Comment

Verdict

An improvement for the seats, but the pich it's still uncomfortable. I would rather be on UA PS C JFK-SFO or JFK-LAX if I have to travel to/from JFK rather then A320 on AC with the new seats/AVOD. (Yup, SQ 25/26 comes to play here in my analysis)
                I don't think the seat is reclined that much. But definitely it's good enough for my YVR-SFO or YVR-LAX flight choices.

AVOD is definitely the most improved one. Well, the screen is sharper for watching movies. And with more individual choices, it's better. Definitely if AC finishs all the refurbishments, it will be more enjoyable flying from YVR to YYZ or YUL.

Comment

Thanks for the pics, CGK!

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                  AVOD is definitely the most improved one.
                  Improved ? Is this an improved version of the AC J which I took last August - LAX-YVR-YYC-JFK ? I can't remember any inflight video at all!

It looks like a USB socket next to the screen - I wonder what it's for ?

Comment

Hey I love views of the Rocky Mountains too! No special dedication for me, I see.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      Improved ? Is this an improved version of the AC J which I took last August - LAX-YVR-YYC-JFK ? I can't remember any inflight video at all!

It looks like a USB socket next to the screen - I wonder what it's for ?
                      You took the old one as I recall. No AVOD. Just the screen on the ceiling.
                      Yes, there is the USB socket, I forgot to mention.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                        Hey I love views of the Rocky Mountains too! No special dedication for me, I see.
                        Are those Rocky Mountains? I have no idea... I think it's Mt Helena in Washington? Or else my geography needs refreshing course.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                          Are those Rocky Mountains? I have no idea... I think it's Mt Helena in Washington? Or else my geography needs refreshing course.
                          Maybe I do! You're right, of course. But I do still like mountain / volcano views. Yes I'm still sulking.

Last edited by jjpb3; 20 May 2007, 04:22 AM.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            But I do still like mountain / volcano views.
                            I can post one just for you mountain/volcano views, but perhaps the MOD will suspend me...

Comment

CGK is doing post padding! LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X