• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW QANTAS FIRST CLASS LOUNGE + pics

http://www.smh.com.au/news/travel/hi...390462937.html

pic link

http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/2...995382127.html

Very nice. Wish now that I had tried to retain my BA Gold.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Very hip!

*works harder at ow emerald*
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Liked the last pic...the vertical garden with the white furniture is fab.

Comment

LH FRA FCT
          CX HKG Wing/Pier
          VS LHR CH
          QF SYD F

I hope SQ and BA are taking note!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            QF SYD F
            MEL will have the same Flounge which will open on the same day , but smaller.

With SIN T3 and LHR T5 opening soon-ish, hopefully SQ and BA have planned spectacular new lounges.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              LH FRA FCT
              CX HKG Wing/Pier
              VS LHR CH
              QF SYD F

I hope SQ and BA are taking note!
              Your list is quite the benchmark - however I think that if SQ and BA were to follow suit, they'd have to restrict access further (in SQ's case, it already has) - so nicer lounges, but less chances for me to visit

I somehow don't see a case of "Here's our new flagship lounge, as a result of having this shiny new toy, more are welcome to use it"

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                Your list is quite the benchmark - however I think that if SQ and BA were to follow suit, they'd have to restrict access further (in SQ's case, it already has) - so nicer lounges, but less chances for me to visit

I somehow don't see a case of "Here's our new flagship lounge, as a result of having this shiny new toy, more are welcome to use it"
                BA already limit the use of their flagship lounge The Concorde Room to people actually flying in F (and by all accounts will do the same in T5). I think as the number of elite FF members grow you will see more and more airlines following BA and LH with lounges for their F passengers and super elites and then other lounges for their gold card holders.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                  BA already limit the use of their flagship lounge The Concorde Room to people actually flying in F (and by all accounts will do the same in T5). I think as the number of elite FF members grow you will see more and more airlines following BA and LH with lounges for their F passengers and super elites and then other lounges for their gold card holders.
                  I agree with your assessment. I think the airlines skilled at providing true service differentiation will increasingly treat higher-revenue frequent flyers differently from other (including alliance partners') frequent flyers.

Airlines that are not so skilled (because, for example, management lacks the will or the capability to discriminate against lower-revenue frequent flyers) will have no choice but to see key aspects of the service offering (lounges, cabin products or service) degrade to a sort of lowest-common-denominator level. (That is, to a level probably caused by customers like me .)

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                    BA already limit the use of their flagship lounge The Concorde Room to people actually flying in F
                    Isn't the concorde room also available to BA Golds also regardless of class? Not sure about that one, thought i read it somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      Isn't the concorde room also available to BA Golds also regardless of class? Not sure about that one, thought i read it somewhere.
                      It's not. Golds and emeralds go to the First lounge.
                      IIRC I think the Concorde Room is also open to QF F pax because of the JSA.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                        It's not. Golds and emeralds go to the First lounge.
                        Yup that's right ... which is why the sorry excuse for an Emerald lounge gets so full at certain hours.

Hooray Gate One Lounge in T4.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                          Are you sure about this? I thought Concorde Room is strictly for BA F BP holders only.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                            Are you sure about this? I thought Concorde Room is strictly for BA F BP holders only.
                            I think Keith is right, CGK.

Comment

Not BA golds but BA premiers and Concorde Room cardholders.

Possibly also if you're holding a BA F tix for (e.g.) BAH-DOH later in the day!

Comment

Working...
                              X