KUL for 5 hours what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KUL for 5 hours what to do?

I will have 5+ hours connecting time in KUL in January.

I will be arriving on ET618 ETA 18:00
    Departing MH609 ETD 23:10

I guess it is too short to go to KL Sentral and do anything meaningful. Any suggestion what can be done for those 5 hours?

I can change to MH607 which depart at 19:30, but I have to pay $100 (not sure SGD or USD) for change of the flight.

The other option is I can take TG which flight arrive KUL at 19:50 which give me only about 3 hours waiting time in KUL. But TG flight cost me MYR330 more compare to ET.

Is it worth to spend "extra" money to avoid 5 hours in KUL? or is it easy to kill 5 hours in KUL? BTW, the MH flight is on C, so I should have access to the lounge.
    Last edited by lingua101; 18 December 2013, 01:33 PM.
    visit my blog

Five hours is borderline-ish for me. I personally would jump on the KLIA Ekspres and go into town for something to eat. Actually, I'd probably take the earlier flight, but I have spent 3-4 hours in KUL this year and split my time between the Rimbun Lounge in the main terminal, the MH Flounge in the Satellite and also the Priority Pass Lounge there (the name of which escapes me...), which was surprisingly enjoyable and one of the better PP lounges I have been to.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Five hours is borderline-ish for me. I personally would jump on the KLIA Ekspres and go into town for something to eat. Actually, I'd probably take the earlier flight, but I have spent 3-4 hours in KUL this year and split my time between the Rimbun Lounge in the main terminal, the MH Flounge in the Satellite and also the Priority Pass Lounge there (the name of which escapes me...), which was surprisingly enjoyable and one of the better PP lounges I have been to.
      you are referring to Plaza Premium Lounge?

Another question. If I do connecting between ET and MH, I should be able to check my all the way through SIN from BKK right? (BKK-KUL on ET and then KUL-SIN on MH).

Anyone knows ET track record? Not sure if 1h30m may be too tight?
      visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
        I will have 5+ hours connecting time in KUL in January.

I will be arriving on ET618 ETA 18:00
        Departing MH609 ETD 23:10

I guess it is too short to go to KL Sentral and do anything meaningful. Any suggestion what can be done for those 5 hours?

I can change to MH607 which depart at 19:30, but I have to pay $100 (not sure SGD or USD) for change of the flight.

The other option is I can take TG which flight arrive KUL at 19:50 which give me only about 3 hours waiting time in KUL. But TG flight cost me MYR330 more compare to ET.

Is it worth to spend "extra" money to avoid 5 hours in KUL? or is it easy to kill 5 hours in KUL? BTW, the MH flight is on C, so I should have access to the lounge.
        Whats wrong with spending 5 hours at the lounge?

If you take KLIA Ekspress it takes 30 mins both ways. 1 hour gone.
        Get into KL Sentral and either have dinner there or in one of the two hotels next to it. Or else take taxi to town? Another 2 hours gone. Or rush rush rush.

I'd rather spend it at the airport really.

Comment

Wasn't there a thread on this long ago...or was that Jakarta?
          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
            Whats wrong with spending 5 hours at the lounge?

If you take KLIA Ekspress it takes 30 mins both ways. 1 hour gone.
            Get into KL Sentral and either have dinner there or in one of the two hotels next to it. Or else take taxi to town? Another 2 hours gone. Or rush rush rush.

I'd rather spend it at the airport really.
            Well I do not mind to spend 5 hours in the lounge if the lounge is worthed. I heard they are doing renovation. Not sure if it is completed.

I agree that going to town is a bit too tight.... Also nothing fancy me around KL Sentral area also (unless things have change big in that area for the past 2 years)
            visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
              Wasn't there a thread on this long ago...or was that Jakarta?
              you are right......

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12945

but nothing conclusive also
              visit my blog

Comment

I agree that going to town is a bit too tight.... Also nothing fancy me around KL Sentral area also (unless things have change big in that area for the past 2 years)
                The shopping complex next to Sentral is still not completed yet as of last week (probably another 2 months, my guess). The two decent hotels connected to it are the Hilton and the Meridian. The food at the former is reasonable but if you want local, I would suggest you take the LRT to KLCC, where there's much more choices, including my favourite, Little Penang Cafe. The LRT ride is a reasonable 20mins - resist the taxis, the traffic and the queues can be very bad at times.

It can be done but you may be quite stressed out, especially if the immigration lines are long when you exit KLIA. Bear in mind too that at low peak periods the high-speed train only runs once every half-hour instead of quarter hour if my memory serves me right. And it's KL, anything can happen.

If I were you, I would stay at KLIA and chill the best way I can, despite the temptation of a great bowl of Penang Assam Laksa.

Comment

you are referring to Plaza Premium Lounge?
                  That's it. As I said, pretty decent and good for a change of scenery if you are there for a few hours.

Comment

you are right......

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12945

but nothing conclusive also
                    THERE it is!

Motion for a merge so it's more helpful for the future.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      That's it. As I said, pretty decent and good for a change of scenery if you are there for a few hours.
                      Cool. I can use my priority pass to access.

Today i saw ET618 got delayed for 7 hour out of ADD. Now the ETA in KUL is at 00:40.

If this happen on my date, there you go my 5 hours layover.

Anyone know about ET track record? If it happens on my day, what option will I have?
                      Last edited by lingua101; 20 December 2013, 08:07 PM.
                      visit my blog

Comment

Both are acceptable, but borderline.

If you want to pack things in, move fast, get on the KL Ekspres to Sentral. The only thing you can't control are the queues at immigration which can be painfully frustrating if you're unlucky. If you're lucky, it takes 8 minutes from plane (from the satellite terminal) to the train - that's my personal best. Get off train, go eat something around Sentral, get back on the train. Or just go for the ride to/fro. It even has speedy wifi on board!

I was overly optimistic a long time ago once and missed my flight check-in cut-off by 4 minutes with an unsympathetic JL supervisor. Only my second ever time missing a flight. I had to plump for a Silkair flight back to Singapore and that was not cheap, having 30 mins left to buy an alternative ticket.

Otherwise, relax, go for a massage (there is at least one shop, although I haven't been through very recently). Plaza Premium lounge also used to have this, but I found them a bit too pricey. Whatever it is, it will be more relaxing

All the best for your flight and don't rush.

Comment

Working...
                        X