Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do BA codeshares count for the 4 flights needed for elite on BAEC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do BA codeshares count for the 4 flights needed for elite on BAEC?

Paging BAEC experts!

Title says it all - does a BA flight number on CX/QF metal count for the 4 flights needed to qualify for Silver/Gold on BAEC?

What about franchisees - BMED/GB/Flybe etc?

I think flights have to be on BA metal (not those of OW partners). Not sure about BA franchisees.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I know that QFF allows codeshares operated by partners (even non OW) to count, but BAEC seems to have worded the own metal rule in its T&Cs very carefully:

6.2. ...Members must ensure they take at least four flights operated by British Airways that are eligible for Tier Points each Year in order to achieve or retain Silver or Gold Card status.
      As for franchisees, aren't they meant to be BA for all intents and purposes?

Oh and BMED's franchise agreement is meant to be terminated soon me thinks, after the bmi takeover. So if you're booked on BMED, at some stage you'll be flying them as a codeshare partner, not a franchise.
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 15 May 2007, 07:10 PM.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Thanks - gonna just make sure i get on pure BA for the 2 i need then
        BAH-DOH-BAH anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          As for franchisees, aren't they meant to be BA for all intents and purposes?
          Yes including qualifying flights for silver/gold:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=32

I don't know the answer to the codeshare question - I always thought BA metal only but the answer in the above seems to suggest it may perhaps (or perhaps not) be otherwise, i.e. "marketed by ... BA".

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            Yes including qualifying flights for silver/gold:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=32

I don't know the answer to the codeshare question - I always thought BA metal only but the answer in the above seems to suggest it may perhaps (or perhaps not) be otherwise, i.e. "marketed by ... BA".

Yes, that "marketed" comment in the thread seems interesting..... isn't by definition a Codeshare a "marketed by" flight?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              BAH-DOH-BAH anyone?
              AUH-MCT-AUH is slightly more expensive but, so I hear, MCT is very nice and well worth stopping over for a few days! Plus SQ of course fly to AUH unlike BAH/DOH I think.

Edit: so nice that we were thinking about using my next Amex 241 for a trip to MCT with a stopover in AUH (plus perhaps a short road trip to DXB); but am now thinking of SFO/YVR/PHX and leaving MCT for next time.
              Last edited by jhm; 15 May 2007, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Yes, that "marketed" comment in the thread seems interesting..... isn't by definition a Codeshare a "marketed by" flight?
                I'd say so but not something I'd like to bet my gold/silver (re)qualification on!

Comment

The 4 flights for BA status have to be a BA flight number on BA metal.

(BAH-DOH-BAH, and BAH-DOH-BAH works a treat )

Comment

Originally posted by More Champagne Sir? View Post

(BAH-DOH-BAH, and BAH-DOH-BAH works a treat )
                    Yeah, that's auto silver wherever in the world you live

Been looking up a GF fare KUL-LHR in J for 1600ish USD roundtrip before taxes. Includes free stopover in BAH..........

I'm getting quite itchy to be honest........

Comment

Yeah, that's auto silver wherever in the world you live
                      Except us in the South Pacific because we're not even allowed to join BAEC...

Been looking up a GF fare KUL-LHR in J for 1600ish USD roundtrip before taxes. Includes free stopover in BAH..........

I'm getting quite itchy to be honest........
                      Then go for it.
                      Last edited by KeithMEL; 15 May 2007, 10:29 PM.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Do you intend to take the GF flight immediately after arriving back in BAH ? The only slight issue I think is that GF leaves at 1:15 and DOH-BAH arrives at 12:15.

Comment

Working...
                        X