Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisions, decisions: Seared lamb loin or seared veal fillet

Hi folks

I hadn't realized there is a new BTC menu (yup, finally crawled out from under my rock).

I'd become quite sick of the usual offerings that had been around like forever and had stopped BTC-ing.

The new menu look pretty exciting.

Has anyone tried the seared lamb loin by Matt Moran?

It's either this or the seared nut-crusted veal fillet by Carlo Cracco?

Lamb or veal, veal or lamb? Any recommendations?

The thread just below yours:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6011
    HUGE AL

Comment

I BTCed the Seared Lamb Loin for my flight on SQ856 SIN-HKG 2 days ago and it tasted awful The meat was as hard as a rock (probably overcooked)! I ended up ordering the Bak Kut Teh which was available from the main menu itself. It was miles better than the lamb loin.

Comment

there have been a few prominent posts here and elsewhere stating that catering ex-SIN is not preferable.

Comment

If you like meat on the rare side, overcooked lamb would IMO be worse than overcooked veal.

Comment

The seared fillet is very good imo. I love it. It's tender, and juicy, and i like the crunchy-hard texture of the nuts contrasting with the tenderness.

I am usually wary of ordering meat BTC dishes because usually difficult for them to get it right, for example, the F class 8oz steak is completely dry with no juice.

But for the fillet, i never regret.
            I don't eat lamb so I can't compare.

My pic of this dish is in the other thread on BTC

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=935&page=9

Comment

Working...
            X