Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 hours stopover in HKIA, what to do

Hi peeps,

I will unfortunately have to endure 8 hours stopover in HK en route to SUB (from AMS), any suggestions on what to do?

Thanking you in advance.

8 hours is plenty for you to clear immigration, take the train into town, have breakfast/lunch/dinner/shopping/whatever and return to the airport well in time for your flight.

Comment

Originally posted by schumaster View Post
      Hi peeps,

I will unfortunately have to endure 8 hours stopover in HK
      "Endure" is not usually a verb I hear used for HK. Within less than 25mins, you'll be out in Central or TST via the Airport express, one of the best airport-city train service in the world. Can easily eat, shop or sightsee at the TST or Central areas.

You might just have to endure the pollution on some days. But I'm sure even on the worst days it isn't worse than Singapore this week.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        You might just have to endure the pollution on some days. But I'm sure even on the worst days it isn't worse than Singapore this week.

I was in HK a couple of weeks ago, and it was the best days I've seen in years. Clear, bright and not a whiff of orange smog. Whilst that can change quickly it was unusual that HK would be preferential to SG at the moment.

25min is a bit of optimistic for reaching town though. It will take that just to clear immigration but yes, I think a stop in TST would get the heart pumping after a long flight. The only slight issue is getting to/from the Airport Express Station, with the slight added inconvenience of having to jump on the bus. There is, though, more to see, do, eat and drink in TST than Central.

One other option is to take an organised tour from the airport up the cable car to Big Buddha.......they handle everything including tickets and transfers etc.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
          I was in HK a couple of weeks ago, and it was the best days I've seen in years. Clear, bright and not a whiff of orange smog. Whilst that can change quickly it was unusual that HK would be preferential to SG at the moment.

25min is a bit of optimistic for reaching town though. It will take that just to clear immigration but yes, I think a stop in TST would get the heart pumping after a long flight. The only slight issue is getting to/from the Airport Express Station, with the slight added inconvenience of having to jump on the bus. There is, though, more to see, do, eat and drink in TST than Central.

One other option is to take an organised tour from the airport up the cable car to Big Buddha.......they handle everything including tickets and transfers etc.
          That's cool! Will 8 hours suffice to clear the immigration, book the tour and come back in time for my connection?

Comment

Originally posted by schumaster View Post
            Will 8 hours suffice to clear the immigration, book the tour and come back in time for my connection?
            Plenty of time to do that and also have a leisurely meal.

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/...stery-tour.jsp

Comment

Working...
            X