Does SQFG even FLY SQ? (JL J KUL-SIN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does SQFG even FLY SQ? (JL J KUL-SIN)

Disclaimer: This is not meant to be indicative of Longhaul JL J service. Just some bits of info i guess for those of you that are thinking of this route as a nice way to pad up some TP's.

Quick trippie here, from yet another non SQ airline. At the rate I'm going, i'll have to change my handle...

Thought i'd take something else instead for the usual run down to SIN, plus i've got a BAEC account that needs building up too, so selected JL, now conveniently an OW member. Fare was RM488 all up, booked into C, one way KUL-SIN. SQ Y and F are circa 394 and 620RM respectively, so this is quite keenly priced.

Pics are of course, crappy, no flash used cause I'm shy.......

Legroom in row 5 where i was, on this 763. I'd call it 45-47inch pitch or thereabouts

General cabin view: Load was 25/30, so pretty healthy

Toiletries by Shiseido in the washrooms:

No meal, nothing to eat on this short flight bar a nicely packaged packet of nuts

Summary:
    JL service was alright - they did not serve pre-takeoff drinks, nor a meal, and they did not address pax by name - but they were very very polite,efficient, offered newspapers, and fillups for the drink. It's no SQ F, that I can safely say, but is a mighty tempting alternative that doesn't break the bank.

Thanks for the pics, SQfg! Much more seat pitch than BA's Club Europe but curious that there's no food (even on LHR-CDG, I'd get a cold chicken salad or such like). Guess I'd better remember to eat well before leaving KUL...

Comment

I flew this (JL721 SIN-KUL) today. Nothing much to add to SQfg's post above except:

With my rice crackers and nuts, I also got a small pack of dried natto (fermented soya beans - a Japanese acquired taste) - wow!

The JL safety video is one of the cutest I've seen - animated toy characters, whoosh sound effects and (e.g.) showing a crowd of pax running for dear life away from the plane after evacuating down the slides!

As can be seen in one of the photos above, there's a pair of slippers in each seat pocket (at least in J - I don't know about Y).

Like some airlines (e.g. SK), JL had an external camera showing the view from the front of the plane.

You're given an invitation to use the SATS Premier Lounge at SIN T1. Nothing to stop you of course going into the next door BA/QF J lounge (if you have no OW status or only OW ruby/sapphire status) or the BA/QF F lounge (if you have OW emerald status).

(Incidentally, whilst at FRA the day before for BA FRA-LHR, I popped into the JL Sakura lounge. Whilst the location is better than the BA Terraces (i.e. it's not downstairs), the food and drink selection was quite disappointing.)

Comment

JL722 (KUL-SIN) today. Pretty much the same save:

Lounge invitation for the CX lounge given at check-in.

Just the pack of rice crackers and nuts - no dried natto this time.

Flight delayed for 1 hour due to "maintenance". Multiple apologies from various crew, e.g. on boarding, before take off, after take off and whilst waiting to deplane.

The cabin crew get on at KUL and continue on to Japan - no chance of seeing the same crew when I do a turnaround next Saturday then!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
          I flew this (JL721 SIN-KUL) today. Nothing much to add to SQfg's post above except:

The JL safety video is one of the cutest I've seen - animated toy characters, whoosh sound effects and (e.g.) showing a crowd of pax running for dear life away from the plane after evacuating down the slides!

LOL jhm! I've been on JAL once from NRT-SIN and the evacuation portion of the video reminded me of...................GODZILLA!!!
          Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            Legroom in row 5 where i was, on this 763. I'd call it 45-47inch pitch or thereabouts
            SQflyergirl, you know what I'm going to say about your first pic...

Anyway, nice short trip report you have there. Am I mistaken or something? I thought even SIA serves snacks on SIN-KUL Economy? Or is it just coffee and tea? I can't believe you had nothing but nuts on JL C!
            My Cafe Adventures
            Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
            http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
              SQflyergirl, you know what I'm going to say about your first pic...
              Okay I get the drift. No more pics with my feet in it

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
              Anyway, nice short trip report you have there. Am I mistaken or something? I thought even SIA serves snacks on SIN-KUL Economy? Or is it just coffee and tea? I can't believe you had nothing but nuts on JL C!
              No, pn SQ Y there are no snacks, nada. Water, Juice or Coffee/Tea only

Comment

Good idea SQFG! You wouldn't want to tempt High Flyer anymore with your foot! lol

For the KL shuttle on SQ do they serve a meal in J or is it snacks in both classes?
                Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Originally posted by sqforever View Post
                  For the KL shuttle on SQ do they serve a meal in J or is it snacks in both classes?
                  In F (it's not sold as J) - there is a snack - usually a sandwich or salad. Quite hurried though. I've failed to finish it all on several occasions.

Comment

Hey SQflyergirl, I was just kidding lah. Please, continue posting pictures of your beautiful feet.

On my first and only SIA SIN-KUL shuttle a few years back, nothing seemed to go right. I couldn't sleep a wink the night before, and at 4+am I got out of bed to prepare for my flight (wanted to catch as early a flight as possible). Stumbling into Changi Airport T2 like a zombie, I managed to catch the first SQ shuttle (SQ102) when I thought I would surely get MH602.

On board, I had an urge to visit the lavatory. When I returned, I realised the FAs had already gone round giving out their coffee/tea and I had missed the boat. I asked for a coffee but halfway through the drink, I somehow spilled my drink onto my pants. What a day...
                    My Cafe Adventures
                    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      Just the pack of rice crackers and nuts - no dried natto this time.
                      Another variation tonight - only a drink and nothing at all to eat.

I'm waiting here at the CX lounge to board my delayed turnaround back down to SIN. The turnaround isn't advisable because (i) as I found out from SQfg, it's not the same plane; (ii) SIN-KUL is scheduled to arrive at 21:00 and KUL-SIN is scheduled to depart at 21:40; and (iii) the JL check-in in SIN can't issue your return BP.

What JL check-in did do (at least they tried!) was book me additionally on SQ119 departing 5 minutes later at 21:45 ... but only in Y. They said the flight was full but I assume this may simply be them trying (and failing of course) to book it in J. I took the Skytrain over to Transfer Counter E in SIN T2 but they said they could only check me in for SQ KUL-SIN if the previous flight was SQ (which it wasn't). (I assume OLCI and printing out a BP in a lounge with a printer wouldn't work either because of the need to validate your printed BP ?)

I arrived in KUL one or two gates next to both the JL and SQ flights back down to SIN but no BP - so near but yet so far! A desperate rush down the C11 corridor of the satellite terminal here only to get to the end and realise I'd misunderstood SQfg's instructions. The transfer counter is on one of the sides of the central atrium of the satellite terminal and there's a J/F priority line (saving having to queue amongst the crowd of people milling around the Y desks).

Anyway, one hand written BP on MH Golden Club class ticket stock and I'm waiting for my flight back down to SIN. Otherwise, I'd have been spending a night here in KL rather sooner than I thought I would be.

Thanks again to SQflyergirl for the advice!

Comment

PS I asked but no alcohol (e.g. sake) on the JL flight.

Comment

glad to hear you made it out okay

Comment

glad to hear you made it out okay
                            You can't get rid of me that quickly - I'm still here!

Comment

Working...
                            X