Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etihad SIN to Brisbane

Hi everyone,

Am planning a family trip to Brisbane/Gold Coast in May 2013.
    Checked Etihad. Price quite decent SGD2400+ for family of 4 (2 kids 3 and 5 years old) vs SQ 3800.
    Timing not too bad, depart SIN red eye 2330HR, coming back around 1200HR.
    Never been on Etihad before, any positive reviews from the travellers here ??
    Not too particular about in flight entertainment, as we can bring our own tablets with many movies preloaded.

I haven't flown them, though I've heard they have a decent economy class product. Seating on the A330 is 2-4-2, IFE is AVOD, you get a couple of meal choices and service is generally fair.

Check out Skytrax for recent reviews: http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/etihad.htm

Have a good trip.

Comment

Only been on them in J on the exact same route and I was very pleased with both hard product and service. They have a 'dine when you want' (can't remember exact nomenclature) meal service delivery so you can literally dine anytime you like - but note, you won't get any food unless you proactively request so if you doze off during taxiing and take off as I normally do (after safety demo of course), don't count on being woken up by the meal service. #truestory Which can be a good thing if you don't want to be disturbed I guess. I woke up to a darkened cabin mid flight with everyone sleeping, but managed to scoff down a lovely 4 course meal for supper upon request. Overall, the impression I got was a really nice boutique airline with a genuinely premium feel that goes the extra mile (they farm their own eggs and produce their own honey for breakfast in F apparently).
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

(they farm their own eggs and produce their own honey for breakfast in F apparently)
        Wow!

Comment

thanks for feedback. wont be travelling in J unfortunately !!

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            Only been on them in J on the exact same route and I was very pleased with both hard product and service. They have a 'dine when you want' (can't remember exact nomenclature) meal service delivery so you can literally dine anytime you like - but note, you won't get any food unless you proactively request so if you doze off during taxiing and take off as I normally do (after safety demo of course), don't count on being woken up by the meal service. #truestory Which can be a good thing if you don't want to be disturbed I guess. I woke up to a darkened cabin mid flight with everyone sleeping, but managed to scoff down a lovely 4 course meal for supper upon request. Overall, the impression I got was a really nice boutique airline with a genuinely premium feel that goes the extra mile (they farm their own eggs and produce their own honey for breakfast in F apparently).
            Must get a bit messy in F with all those hens laying and bees flying around!

Comment

Originally posted by MEL-World View Post
              Must get a bit messy in F with all those hens laying and bees flying around!
              http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/E...sListing=false

Quite novel really.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
              X