Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KF and 15% saved for online redemption

Hi,

Hope someone can give me some advice or clarification on this problem I have run into.

I have 33500 miles and was hoping to do an upgrade which normally requires 35000 miles but would have deducted only 29750 miles (based on the 15% saved for online redemption). When I tried to do the upgrade online, the system stated that I do not have sufficient miles to proceed.

Does anyone have the same problem where they have just enough miles to claim an award/upgrade if it's done online (with the 15% saved) but not enough for the regular full amount needed and hence cannot proceed?

Any suggestion on what I should do?

Cheers,
    Pete

Unfortunately, you do need the amount for the full, regular upgrade before you can proceed.
    My Cafe Adventures
    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

I thought you can still proceed with the booking,

and when the time comes for miles deduction,

you will succeed as long as you have the 85% miles available ?
      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Call Krisflyer = they'll have to request a 15pc code - but it can be done.

Comment

Yup. Manual intervention is probably the best course of action.
          My Cafe Adventures
          Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
          http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

That's right..that's the only way to do it. My friend did that before and the hotline gave the discount.

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            Call Krisflyer = they'll have to request a 15pc code - but it can be done.

Comment

And last but not least, welcome to SQTalk, petn.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for the advice and replies.

Had a 30 min phone 'debate' with KF staff last evening. The final conclusion was that because the original flight was booked via a travel agent instead of online, it was not entitled to the 15% mileage savings, hence the "insufficient miles" error message when I was trying to process it.

Those miles would be expiring soon so they might as well be used. Just need to top-up by buying another 2000 miles at US$40/1000miles. Fortunately the A$ is strong. And it will make my mother-in-law very happy when she gets the surprise upgrade.

Comment

petn, KF staff is wrong. Myself and a few others have had the online option and the 15% discount was offered even with TA issued tix

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    petn, KF staff is wrong. Myself and a few others have had the online option and the 15% discount was offered even with TA issued tix
                    If it's true that the KF staff I spoke to are wrong and that it's been done before for TA issued tix, what should I do? I don't relish another long-drawn long-distance call to KF staff to trash this out, only to be met with eventual stubborn refusal to help me out.

I believe it is a problem with their online booking system which refuses to proceed unless you have the full regular amount of mileage.

Comment

Working...
                    X