Istanbul for 8 hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Istanbul for 8 hours

I have an eight hour connection (5am arrival, 1:30 departure, intl-intl) at IST. I don't intend to stay at the airport, and was wondering if anyone can recommend a place to visit? Should I take a taxi or some form of public transport? It can be a place nearby the airport, doesn't matter.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

If this is your first time in Istanbul, I would recommend a taxi ride down to the Sultanahmet area for breakfast, take a quick tour of either the Hagia Sofia or Sultanahmet Mosque (or both if you have time). They are both sights to behold.

Comment

Beware of the taxi drivers taking you for a ride. The last time I went to Istanbul (a fabulous city BTW - one of my favourite in Europe) in 2010, I used a company called Backpackers Travel for the airport transfers as recommended by:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europ...-istanbul.html

I'd use them again.

Dear jhm,

Thank you very much for your inquiry. We will be very happy to help you with your transfer request.

At Ataturk Airport, one of our colleagues will be waiting for you at the arrival hall bearing a sign with your name on it. You will be greeted by a courteous member of our staff who will load your luggage into our midi-van and take you directly to W Hotel // Besiktas. You will be picked up from Grand Hyatt // Taksim for the return transfer to Ataturk Airport on 30.08.2010 at 05:15 for the flight departs at 08:05.

The cost of the W Hotel // Besiktas transfer is 30euro for one way for 1people. Normally our cost from Taksim district to airport 25eur but we offer an additional discount for your return transfer. In that case, the return transfer cost will be only 20euro.

We will be glad if you make the payments in cash change to our drivers since they may not have change money with them. Otherwise if you advise us in advance the bank note you will give the driver we can provide him to have the needed rest amount.

Please don't forget to check our promotions for Istanbul City Tours !!!
      We provide the most innovative and best value Istanbul sightseeing tours. None of our tours visit a shopping place unless you ask and our tour groups are with only a few people. Thus, you will have more time to explore and spend less money on the tours. Our guides speak fluent English, well educated and informed and eager to introduce you our beatifull city.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Atilla Caliskan..aöz.
      Travel Consultant

Web : www.backpackerstravel.net
      Mail : transfer@backpackerstravel.net

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Does anyone know of a good taxi driver to recommend? Was hoping for one who could drive me around IST and back to the airport.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X