X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silkair 1-for-1 business class seat sale

Silkair is having a 1-for-1 business class seat sale from now till end Aug,
    ex-SIN.

So I made a booking for my family of four to Chiang Mai on 1 Aug. There are also flights to Cebu, Manado, Phuket, Danang, Thiruvantham, Kota Kinabalu.

It costs S$900 for 2 tickets, excluding taxes and fees.

Figured it would be a good opportunity to get some Krisflyer points and 2.5
    PPS sectors before the Sep changes kick in.

Any SIN based SQtalkers interested in joining me ?
    J. my own dear wife J.

do both ticks earn miles/sectors/value?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      do both ticks earn miles/sectors/value?
      not sure - I only made a preliminary booking with my TA and not paid anything yet- will check with her and let you know.

I will probably still go if its not mileage accruable, as I've never been to Chiang Mai.

P.S. this offer is not available online, and can be booked only with Silkair appointed TAs - a few others I called yesterday didn't even know there was such a promo.
      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

It sounds like a good deal. But I think it's only bookable with Amex cards? As in, you can only use Amex to pay. I saw the advertisement in the Straits Times like 2 days ago.

Comment

Yes, only with Amex cards,

will find out about the mileage accrual tomorrow.....
          J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

My TA says that it is mileage accruable.
            http://www.anglo-french.com.sg/index...083&Itemid=137

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
              My TA says that it is mileage accruable.
              Yes, my TA also confirms that it is mileage accruable, C class fare.

However, she wants me to pay by 15 May, which I think is a bit early for Aug airfare, but I guess I will just go and pay up.
              J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Got info that its a good deal. ^ Miles and sectors were posted for both pax.

Comment

Yes, I went and paid up in full, and asked about the miles and sectors
                  again, and my TA showed me the Silkair promo pamphlet stating clearly
                  that these flights are mileage accruable.

So its about S$614 per person for 2.5 PPS sectors and about 3000 KF miles.

However, SIN-Chiangmai flight on MI I think doesn't have the DigEplayer so
                  I may bring my own portable DVD player or just an MP3 player.
                  J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
                    Yes, I went and paid up in full, and asked about the miles and sectors
                    again, and my TA showed me the Silkair promo pamphlet stating clearly
                    that these flights are mileage accruable.

So its about S$614 per person for 2.5 PPS sectors and about 3000 KF miles.

However, SIN-Chiangmai flight on MI I think doesn't have the DigEplayer so
                    I may bring my own portable DVD player or just an MP3 player.
                    Upright man, I am just wondering the PPS$ they gave for those flights.

Comment

I wonder too.....the ticket value is only S$490, so for 2.5 sectors its less than S$200 per sector ?.......anyway 2.5 sectors will become 2500 PPS value come Sept 1 I hope.
                      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Working...
                      X