BKK Departure tax for transit pax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BKK Departure tax for transit pax?

From what I have read, it seems all onward transit pax leaving the departure area and re-entering must pay that THB700 tax. Is this true? I have a 17 hour connection and I intend to head into town.

Aren't departure taxes only applicable to originating pax?

And is there a way around this? I can can get onward BPs to be issued but I'm not sure if bags can be tagged though (TG-TG, both intl) but I plan to claim them and leave them at the left luggage.

MTIA
    Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but i too am interested in the answer to this question.

I am on TG418, connecting to TG 916 the following day on the same ticket and have not issued it with a stopover. Given the long transit time, Am i going to encounter any issue if i exit the airport that evening, and check back in the next day? Happy to pay the departure tax, but dont want to run into any trouble with anyone at BKK

Comment

No trouble - just pay the 700thb

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        No trouble - just pay the 700thb
        Thanks SQFG

Where would i pay the tax? is it something that they will they alert me to it when i check back in in BKK?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamiegutz View Post
          Thanks SQFG

Where would i pay the tax? is it something that they will they alert me to it when i check back in in BKK?
          The check in agent will notify you when (or if) they notice. They'd usually send someone to run over to the ticketing counter with your money (cash only) and return with a receipt.

Comment

Working...
          X