Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Asia Airline-Themed Forums

Hello all.

Being a newbie to SQ Talk, which I discovered via a link from my own site, are there any more airline-themed forums such as this site?

Appreciate all feedback
    ...Because The Sky Is A Canvas, Waiting For A Masterpiece...

www.cathaytalk.com

Comment

Unfortunately your registration at CathayTalk did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.
      Rather pathetic if you ask me. Never even posted, so just how on Earth is one to know what the "requirements" even are?!

Certainly wont be entertaining the thought or promoting *that* site to anybody in the future.

What an absolute joke of a process!

Id rather be here at SQ Talk where its normal!

Comment

To be fair to CathayTalk, I think they had problems with spammers registering on their site and as such, I think they try to vet each new registration to see whether it seems to come from a spammer. In your case, they obviously made the wrong judgment call - if you're still inclined, I would e-mail them or re-register.

Comment

I do something similar over on my site, however, I do not reject registrations without first seeking a reply/response from the person trying to sign up.

Sure, every forum in some capacity experiences spamming issues, but the way CT has gone about it is bizarre.

A site that offers little or no respect to new members equally deserves none back. SQTalk is far more established and reputable that CT, and I certainly wont be venturing there in a hurry, nor will I recommend it it- in fact, I'll advise well against it.

First impressions last...

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            To be fair to CathayTalk, I think they had problems with spammers registering on their site and as such, I think they try to vet each new registration to see whether it seems to come from a spammer. In your case, they obviously made the wrong judgment call - if you're still inclined, I would e-mail them or re-register.
            [off-topic]
            Jhm, by the way CXtalk is running a very old version of Vbulletin. It would be very useful to upgrade actual version asap. Implementing an image verification would significantly improve the defense against spammerz' regs.
            There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
            If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

(off-topic)
              I am sure this is how the operator likes it! That way "he" can keep ultimate control...........just my 2 yen

Comment

^

The "operator" can keep it.

Comment

Let's not get unfriendly here please.

I personally think CT is a nice site- and pretty good to read up on CX stuff in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    My registration was also rejected 3 - 4 months ago. I sorta gave up after a while. This is despite of using the same login name as the one here and in the FT.

I guess it was another wrong judgment and I hope it did not have anything to do with one the old threads re: CX J meal service that I started on FT. I am now just a happy reader on that site.
                    Last edited by UMD; 3 May 2007, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post

I personally think CT is a nice site- and pretty good to read up on CX stuff in particular.
                      well said!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post

Sorry, didnt mean to sound harsh-

Just dismayed at the way CT operates. Their loss...

Comment

Please stop talking about cathaytalk.... the point has been discussed enough

Comment

hahah as the lovely sqflyergirl put it , the cathay talk site is there for who need it but as lukegt said who actuallly needs it when we got SQtalk hehe

Comment

^

Agreed- I know I havent posted much here, but theres so much SQ related material here for me to digest.

I thank each and every contributor to this vault of wealth

Comment

Working...
                              X