Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News From The Front Lines: Cgk Gets Scared But Scores!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News From The Front Lines: Cgk Gets Scared But Scores!

This just in:
    Last night, CGK was held prisoner in CMB due to the bombing by Tamil tigers of Colombo. Well, prisoner may not be the right word, but his SQ469 had boarded and started taxiing but they had to return to the airport as the bombing started. He nonetheless made it out about an hour later.

Bigger news:
    CGK has scored his first OP Up on SQ!!! His J seat became F on SIN-MXP! How sweet it must have been for him to finally get an op up! And it is to the new F seats to boot! I am sure it soothed his soul after the eventful night in CMB.

Sorry, dude, you got scooped.

See, for example, the thread devoted to the first piece of news at

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1290

and the sample of congratulatory posts on the op-up at

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...?t=1255&page=3 (from post 36)

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...?t=1082&page=4 (from post 59) and

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91&page=3 (post 42).
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Nothing like an op up to end things on a good note!
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Stale news methinks...

Comment

I guess I will not relay the news CGK sends me by SMS asking me to post anymore. Such a frigid reception...

Comment

Oh relax. We're teasing you for the breathlessness of your pronouncement, when we'd been reading about it well before your post. That merits a bit of ribbing, no? We also get SMS messages from our buddy CGK, ya know.
            Last edited by jjpb3; 30 April 2007, 01:39 AM.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Hi DFP,

Well, yours was the first thread I read on this matter after waking up - I had a text from CGK which arrived in the night, but think this might have been before his scary experience.

Thanks for letting us all know (even if your post wasn't technically first on the block, it was the first I read). At least our friend is ok and the run sounds on track

nickbot

Comment

CGK's SMS had the specific request to post. I just followed the instructions of Mr Luckeeeeee.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                  CGK's SMS had the specific request to post. I just followed the instructions of Mr Luckeeeeee.
                  Aww mate don't take it so hard. We know you're well-intentioned. You just forgot about the army of diligent SQTalkers sitting behind the computer watching every move of our dear CGK ready to report on anything from the front lines of the run for his Life.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Dear DeltaFlyingProf,
                    No one here is against your posting. I did send sms to everyone in my cell. Some got it right awawy. Some got it so late. Some posted in different thread. Some posted in existing threads.
                    Do chill out!
                    And I will keep sending sms to you, and others as well, in the future asking for posting anything happens to me.
                    Cheers from AZ Lounge at MXP!

Comment

CGK... do you like MXP and AZ Lounge???????
                      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                        CGK... do you like MXP and AZ Lounge???????
                        I love them!
                        Well, the lounge is very basic. Pay for wifi. Windowless.
                        The airport? Hmm so many Italian designer shops. The problem is the wifi. Everywhere I see is the sign of Vodaphone Hot Spot. But could not access it. The lady at the information told me that I should by card access for wifi before going into the security.

My DL85 departed from Gate B23. A bus gate actually.

My impression briefly, I would prefer to transfer in FRA or LHR, not MXP.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                          My impression briefly, I would prefer to transfer in FRA or LHR, not MXP.

I have never been to MXP, but I refuse to believe it's worse than LHR !!. Reasons please ?

Comment

ManFlyer.... 58 minutes to get your bags could be enough?
                            Or do you prefer no wifi working seriously?
                            Or only 2 checkpoints open for passport control during peak-hours?
                            A lot of flights to be bussed?
                            Or the fact that 10 years after airport was opening it's not complete yet?

Shops are ok, but internal design is not so good... (colours IMHO are very kindergarten-style).

CGK, about wifi, in italy we call Vomi-fone instead Vodafone. I don't want to be offending but with a little bit of phantasy you can discover the meaning...
                            There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                            If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I thought perhaps it was the lack of an authentic Italian ice cream cone greeting on arrival?

Comment

Working...
                              X