CX NEW SEATS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CX NEW SEATS!

Pretty boring. The use of colors in my opinion is eye boggling, looks like something out of a bad graphic game. however, i do like the F bathroom

http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/3380345/

Interesting. SQ New Business Class has hands-down more personal space than the CX new seat.

In fact, the CX F seat is closer in design to the SQ J seat with interlocking spaces and the tiny footwell.

Comment

Looking at the way the seats are laid out, does that mean J pax cannot look out the windows?

The F lav looks real nice though.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ168 View Post
        Looking at the way the seats are laid out, does that mean J pax cannot look out the windows?

The F lav looks real nice though.
        Yes, that is correct. To look out of the window you have to "twist" your neck a little.
        They seem to be the same or very similar seats VS, AC and NZ have as their business class.
        http://www.airliners.net/open.file?i...XTID&tbl=CABIN

Comment

The F seat color reminds me of AC J, and the J seat colors are awful.

Comment

Yeah the J seats look pretty cheap and tacky. Too much light colours!
            The dividers between each J seat also look pretty filmsy.
            Ah well, never totally dismiss something till you try it I guess. Wonder who will post the first new Traitor Air cabin TRs on here.
            Last edited by KeithMEL; 28 April 2007, 02:08 PM.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              Wonder who will post the first new Traitor Air cabin TRs on here.
              I seem to recall an Oz-based SQTalker wishing for the new cabin on his xONEx itinerary.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                I seem to recall an Oz-based SQTalker wishing for the new cabin on his xONEx itinerary.
                Nada - seems like the only flight I can make won't have the new seats by the time i fly, according to popular opinion anyway. Pretty strange of Cathay not to prioritise one of their most premium routes (LHR) by making sure every single flight on the route has the new stuff to up the ante if you ask me. And if I had to go to the trouble of going on an overnight flight I'd rather go with Club World whether NGCW or otherwise. *flame proof suit on*

Anyway this won't happen till next year and the new products are appearing from May so hopefully a TR will pop up soon...
                Last edited by KeithMEL; 28 April 2007, 03:22 PM.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Looks like the most innovative thing about the new CX cabins are the EY seats with fixed seatbacks. On the downside, the armrests are ridiculously small!

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...eweconomyclass

Comment

My NRT-TPE-HKG on 8 Aug is supposed to have the new F but I'm sure others will have tried it and posted about it long before that! Perhaps CGK during one of the very few quiet periods between all his running ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      My NRT-TPE-HKG on 8 Aug is supposed to have the new F but I'm sure others will have tried it and posted about it long before that! Perhaps CGK during one of the very few quiet periods between all his running ?
                      Oh no, you aren't slipping out of this one. You now have the weight of our expectations, jhm: I, for one, am looking forward to your trip report.

(Back to the new CX seats: I hope they just don't photograph well. )
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                        (Back to the new CX seats: I hope they just don't photograph well. )
                        So do I. The colours on the partition and the seats just look awful. The promotional pictures on CX website are much better than this. The colour of the panels between the J seats are brighter and nicer than this awful "puke" colours. ( I am sorry, I don't know how to best describe this) Also, the light blue colour of the galley partition makes the whole ambience so cheap.

How could you expect anyone to sit on those tiny ottoman? I don't think it will be comfortable.

The leg section on the F seat also looks very narrow.

Comment

SQ's B77W's J seat certainly beats CX's...hands down...

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
                            Pretty boring. The use of colors in my opinion is eye boggling, looks like something out of a bad graphic game. however, i do like the F bathroom

http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/3380345/
                            I dont like the way the seats are configured... seems like a couple can never "sit together"!

Comment

Some more of the photos can be found here
                              Got this from FT (thanks to fellow FTer tfung).

Comment

Working...
                              X