Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on Jarkarta

Hello fellow Sqtalkers!

As stated above, i need some advice ... ok i need everything a first timer to Jarkarta would need to know!
    I've been to CGK 3 times but have never once left the airport compound.

I am actually going there to give someone a surprise. Pretty crazy s**t i'm doing. Planning on surprising her at her home somewhere in Sunter.

So... Any advice,tips and everything or anything would be very much appreciated

THANK YOU!!!!

Just some info, Leaving tue on SQ 956, arr back on SQ 959.
    Haven't booked a hotel yet because i am totally unfamiliar with everything!

Is this a girl you're trying to pick up?
    HUGE AL

Comment

this sounds fun, can we have a full detailed trip report afterwards?
      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
        Is this a girl you're trying to pick up?
        Sigh... She's a girl but i ain't trying to "pick her up" ! HAHAHA...
        Just doing something crazy to add some excitement in my ever crazy life

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
        this sounds fun, can we have a full detailed trip report afterwards?
        Sure Why not ? Provided i live to tell the tale?

Comment

As you step off the aircraft, attempt to break Usain Bolt's record. Unless you like waiting in line for an hour at immigration

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
            So... Any advice,tips and everything or anything would be very much appreciated
            Rule #1: Leave PLENTY of time for traffic (and DOUBLE it again if it's for a hot date).

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              As you step off the aircraft, attempt to break Usain Bolt's record. Unless you like waiting in line for an hour at immigration
              Thank You for that tip! :O I better head out to the gym tomorrow and time myself!

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
              Rule #1: Leave PLENTY of time for traffic (and DOUBLE it again if it's for a hot date).
              Hahahaha! Thank you! i can't wait to see just how bad the traffic would be!

Comment

If you have to take a taxi, make sure you take a Blue Bird Group company taxi (consists of Blue Bird, Pusaka Nuri, Silver Bird). The link and image can be found at http://www.bluebirdgroup.com/.

Avooid all the touts and illegal taxi driver offering you to use their services. Keep moving on to the taxi parking outside and find any of the Blue Bird taxi. they are quite reliable and they use meter for all the destination in Jakarta. But you need to pay the toll road from the airport to the city.

Comment

Sigh... She's a girl but i ain't trying to "pick her up" ! HAHAHA...
                  Just doing something crazy to add some excitement in my ever crazy life
                  Be sure to keep the ring in a safe place

Comment

Originally posted by wktan81 View Post
                    If you have to take a taxi, make sure you take a Blue Bird Group company taxi (consists of Blue Bird, Pusaka Nuri, Silver Bird). The link and image can be found at http://www.bluebirdgroup.com/.

Avooid all the touts and illegal taxi driver offering you to use their services. Keep moving on to the taxi parking outside and find any of the Blue Bird taxi. they are quite reliable and they use meter for all the destination in Jakarta. But you need to pay the toll road from the airport to the city.
                    Ahh yes! Everyone has been telling me about this! Thank You so so much!
                    Planning on taking Silverbird to my hotel.

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                    Be sure to keep the ring in a safe place
                    Hahaha... Wait? RING? Nah.. Too soon for that mate

Anyone knows where i can get the Visa On Arrival ? I am a Japanese citizen and i need a visa :/

Comment

Anyone knows where i can get the Visa On Arrival ? I am a Japanese citizen and i need a visa :/
                      Once you disembark and entering the airport, on the right there is a Visa on Arrival (VOA) counter, make sure you have an exact USD amount for the payment. Once they place the sticker on your passport, you can then join the queue for the immigration ahead.

Make sure you have the complete address of your friend and give it to the taxi driver. Prepare some Indonesian rupiahs (IDR) in hands as the exchange rate at the airport is not favourable.

Comment

Once you disembark and entering the airport, on the right there is a Visa on Arrival (VOA) counter, make sure you have an exact USD amount for the payment. Once they place the sticker on your passport, you can then join the queue for the immigration ahead.

Make sure you have the complete address of your friend and give it to the taxi driver. Prepare some Indonesian rupiahs (IDR) in hands as the exchange rate at the airport is not favourable.
                        Thank you for your valuable information

Comment

Maybe this video can help you:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gvcDNQoBP0

Comment

Maybe this video can help you:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gvcDNQoBP0
                            Thank You so much

Comment

I was in Jakarta last month. The taxi queue is now more orderly. Silver Bird (the premium taxi) which now use the Merz still has their own "exclusive" counter. The rest of taxi including Blue Bird has their own queue next to each other few meters away.

Just take Silver Bird, the ride to Sunter should cost you at most 250,000-300,000 IDR (which is like SGD30-40) even at quite bad traffic.

May be can bring her to Kelapa Gading
                              visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                              X