Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ321 LHR-SIN: An Odyssey of Economy and First, starring CGK, Upright man & Nickbot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ321 LHR-SIN: An Odyssey of Economy and First, starring CGK, Upright man & Nickbot

Dear All,

I'm writing this at the SIN SKL F after a legendary experience on SQ321 with my esteemed friends CGK and Upright man. Unfortunately no time now before my connecting flight to BNE, but wanted to put a place marker here for the full report, which shall follow in the not too distant future.

A wonderful trip, a great meeting of 3 SQTalkers, a celebration of both a birthday and a wedding anniversary, and plenty of Dom and Krug

More later!

Nickbot

I realise I should perhaps have waited to start this thread until after my holiday, but I've been itching to get some pics up here to share with everyone! Please see below for a taste of what's to come, and I'll finish the rest of the report and text as and when.

Firstly, nickbot and mrs nickbot enjoy a couple of glasses of Moet in the LHR SKL F whilst waiting for CGK and upright man

Second, a sushi selection for me and dim sum for mrs nickbot, accompanied by free WiFi, on which I received word that upright man was in the lounge

You've seen this one already, but couldn't resist posting again - upright man, CGK and nickbot enjoying yet more Moet in the SKL

About 20 minutes after take-off, CGK is shown here giving recommendations to nickbot in preparation for my first experience of dining in F

upright man and CGK sampling the delights of Economy travel - sorry it's pretty dark, was avoiding flash because of PITA passenger in our row...

A joint party in the F galley - CGK's birthday and Dr & Mrs nickbot's anniversary

Everyone's favourite SQTalker, CGK, cutting his birthday cake! (plus mrs nickbot with very shaky hands lol!

A quick shot before CGK departed for his SYD flight (or rather, tried to ) - nickbot and CGK in the SIN SKL F with yet more Dom

A tired looking nickbot starting this very thread on the terminal computers at the SKL

...that's all for now folks, hope to post more (and in depth text) as soon as I get chance.
    Last edited by nickbot; 25 May 2007, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Glad you managed to enter the SKL F. I look forward to your TR. Enjoy BNE!
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Happy Anniversary Nickbot! Looking forward to the trip report!

Comment

Finally got my photos sorted out, apologies for poor quality cos i had a camera phone only.

Here's my pictures of CGK's birthday flight !

LHR SKL F lounge, with Nickbot on right, me on left, and of course,
          CGK in the centre.

That's Mrs Nickbot on the right. It was their 2nd anniversary !

Oh no, first time using imagebucket, could resize it on imagebucket but just can't get it down to smaller size here, anyone
          can help please ?
          Last edited by upright man; 29 April 2007, 01:50 AM. Reason: image resizing problem
          J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Great pics, upright man. Thanks!

nickbot: a belated Happy Anniversary, and also please extend our congratulations your wife for achieving Elite Silver.

P.S. Nice haircut, CGK.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              Great pics, upright man. Thanks!
              :
              Hi jjpb3, you missed my appeal for help !

Problem : I could resize my photos on imagebucket to smaller size, but when
              I link to them form here, they are still huge !

Been fiddling for 2 hours, and still cant get it right !

Anyone can help please ? i got lots more better pics to post.

thanks in advance.
              J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
                Hi jjpb3, you missed my appeal for help !
                Don't worry, I didn't miss it. It's just that I'm a technological dinosaur.

Besides, the pictures look fine to me, actually.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Great intial pics thanks upright man - even after only a short period since the flight it's great to bring back the memories of such a legendary trip. Hope to post mine in the not too distant future, so keep your eyes peeled (I think, between myself, upright man and CGK this will end up being a festival of photographic delights!) CGK was also posing for photos with all of the onboard staff in F to add to his collection - it was a little like a fashion shoot at one point in the forward galley

Comment

Nice report! And yes, CGK has many a galley pic

Comment

Ok then, here are the rest :

my duck rice from Four Seasons courtesy of CGK

Caviar, again courtesy of THE MAN

2 cakes !! One says Happy Birthday and the other Happy Anniversary

CGK with the crew ; IFS on left Mr R. is real cool guy

Happy Anniversary again Mr and Mrs Nickbot ! They are on a 2 week vacation in Brisbane ! Wow !

That's us, deliriously happy after eating the cake and drinking lots of Krug and Dom !

Can't wait to see your photos, CGK and Nickbot!
                      Teaser : i believe Nickbot has a photo of CGK sitting in Y class eating his duck rice !

Cheers everyone
                      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Happy Bday CGK, may you reach your LPPS goal this year.

Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs Nickbot...maybe we soon see some Jr. Nickbot's

Comment

Great pics!

*Taps foot impatiently for nickbot's TR*

Nah just kidding - take ** time and have an awesome holiday downunder!
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Impresta, no hurry for Jr. Nickbots just at the moment

KeithMel, sorry for the TR delay,...all in good time

Comment

From the Photos, looks like CGK lost some weight.

Nickbot,

Hope you and your wife enjoy the vacation downunder.
                              My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Working...
                              X